The tail 'R' on left handed Rickenbackers

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Madcap3

The tail 'R' on left handed Rickenbackers

Post by Madcap3 »

you'd think if Rickenbacker valued their left handed customers they would make the tail'R' the right way up for left handed models.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Madcap: I see your point but also this "wrong way" R tailpiece is now part of the classic left-handed look for some. I would not take the absence of this item to represent a devaluing of left-handed customers. Perhaps John Hall will comment on your post.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
markthemd
Veteran RRF member

Post by markthemd »

If it was up to me the 'R' on all the lefties would be gone.

Get the vintage tailpiece...it's more solid,
doesn't swing/rock from side to side as you tune after you restring,doesn't change the pitch of the other strings when you break one and can be left or right handed.

By the way...I'm a lefty
So you too want yours "ALAPWOB"?!?!
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

The die cast tooling to make this part cost about $25,000 many years ago. I can't begin to imagine what it would cost today to do a lefty but suspect that no left hand player would be willing to pay a fair portion of the amortized cost . . . even if we did it over a 10 year period!

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”