Which Rickenbacker Guitar Should I Sell?

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

LONNY

Which Rickenbacker Guitar Should I Sell?

Post by LONNY »

I have 2 Burgandyglo 1980-81 Rick 320s:

I have to sell one...I wish I could keep both, but you know how it is....I dont really play a 320 live, just around the house to the Beatles CDs...I know Im driving you guys nuts...SORRY... I promise not to post anything else on here about these guitars after you vote....thanks for your input on this matter....
So, now I'm going to turn this over to the Rickenbacker forum....its in your hands....
You get to vote on which Rickenbacker 320 I'm keeping and the one you would sell if you were in my position, Im tired of trying to figure it out, Im just not sure, its wearing me out....
Hope you can give me some idea...
I figure that some of the Rick forumees have been through this..

Heres the description of both guitars:

The 81 is a dark eggplant color almost black, has more of a Lennon look.
It's a 7 1/2 on a scale from 1-10
has lots of finish checking & dings. some fret wear not bad though...smaller neck....
Someone had the Vint. PUs in, put back original when sold to me ...
all stock now...

the 80 is a lighter color red, looks just like the dark red in a Fireglo finish, see-through Red all over though...
its a 9 on a scale of 1-10...
has just a few checks in the finish, lots nicer condition...no fret wear, fater neck....
all stock...

Please let me know what you think...
What would be a fair asking price for the one I should sell??

thanks LON
Frank_S

Post by Frank_S »

Can you post a pic? Seeing your guits would help.
Even with the rare colors, the early 80's 320's(IMO) were the most different from the originals.
(small headstock, small pickguard, really rounded body). I'd say(and this is a guess!)the "9" might fetch up to $800-900. The 7.5 probably $600-750.
Put 'em e-bay. Let someone get into a pissing contest and drive the price up. I sold an axe on there, just a regular 'ol '57 RI Strat for $150 more than market price, just cause two guys got competitive.
LONNY

Post by LONNY »

thanks Frank S...
I really dont have a way to post a picture...
I will probably sell it on Ebay, that is, if I can figure out the one to sell???
its a tuff choice, they are both cool and so different in color of Burgandy...ones real dark burg., the other light see through-red...
I lean more towards the dark cause it has the Lennon vibe with a kick, but the lighter one is cool too...I just know I really dont need 2 of the same guitars....not that I wouldnt mind keeping them both, if I played them live I would...but its just a toy for me...
I use a 12 string mostly...
anyone else got any ideas???
thanks for the help...
LON
Ann

Post by Ann »

You can never have too many guitars. I don't think I could part with any of mine.
FATRAT_II

Post by FATRAT_II »

I want others though....
FATRAT II (lon)
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

If you are going to sell the losing guitar on eBay, you really want to post big, clear, close-up pictures with it.
tom

Post by tom »

thanks for all the input I sold the lighter colored better condition one....

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”