xcoyle wrote:.... those be pricey!
....but spicey !
xcoyle
Intermediate Member

Re: The best money I ever spent

Post by xcoyle »

Well, one just fell into my lap. I just picked this up:

https://reverb.com/item/2135721-rickenb ... 60w-walnut

I was interested in the Lollar Broilers, and it also had the Mastery bridge, and Hipshot grip lock tuners as a surprise. And with the original bridge, wiring harness and tuners as a bonus.

Now I have to figure out the custom wiring. Nice step up for this guitar.
Joris_Karl

Post by Joris_Karl »

But they don't seem to work with a wound G string.
the wound G wasn't a problem. Maybe that's because of the short scale?
I've got a Mastery on my 330, with Thomastik Flats 10-44, and the G intonates really good (at least to my ears and according to my Boss TU3). Since it will also depend on the height which you set your saddles to, I have no doubt you can almost always find a "sweet spot" where all the strings are in tune, although it will still be some kind of compromise.
Question: does anyone know if the stock Rick bridge cover will fit the Mastery (Mastery does make a cover...but it costs extra)?
It does fit, it just looks funky.
It fits on mine, but the cover is just bent downwards a tiny bit (as if there was a bit of pressure on it), since there is a little more space between the two screw holes on the Mastery. Honestly, it is barely noticeable.
bobnieder

Post by bobnieder »

> I don't find mention anywhere on these boards of the Winfield Vintage Tune-o-matic 12 string bridge, which Chip has fitted onto a Rickenbacker mounting plate to allow a drop-in installation. I am having one of them fitted out with "String Savers" from Graph Tech (along with using a Tusq XL nut and Ratio Tuners from the same source to setup a 1993plus). Yes, when it's all done, will report back, along with tbe obligatory photos!

Bob Niederberger
larry mal

Post by larry mal »

Second post I've made on this forum today about Mastery bridges. I put one on my 330, and it did what it did on my Jazzmasters and my Telecaster. There's not a better bridge out there made by anyone and frankly nothing else comes all that close.

I couldn't get the stock bridge off my 330 fast enough. Awful.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”