360/12V64 G string buzz

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Tdisewingmachine

360/12V64 G string buzz

Post by Tdisewingmachine »

Restrung the v64 with Thomastiks jazz swing set 10/10 13/13/ 20/10 25/13/ 35/20 44/25. Fantastic high quality sounding strings for sure .

NO Buzzing for the first 20 hours of play. Now I am beginning to notice that both G strings buzz. Not a fret buzz but a resonant buzz near the bridge pickup where I pick the strings.

Anyone experience similar ?
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Re: 360/12V64 G string buzz

Post by jdogric12 »

Post some photos of the nut, bridge saddles, and action if you can. Hard to tell on only the info you've given.
iiipopes
Intermediate Member

Post by iiipopes »

One of the bridge height screws may have loosened. Take the allen wrench, insert it in each screw in turn and see if with only the slightest pressure from one finger any of the four bridge height screws move when applied clockwise. If so, give it just enough to where the torque equalizes to the others. This is common, and needs to be done occasionally (every few months) anyway to make sure the bridge remains stable, as things can shift when changing strings. If it still buzzes, then do the same thing with saddle screws, not really turning them, but just to see if anything has worked loose. I had a spring start whining once and it took me awhile to isolate it. And the same thing with the pickups - make sure the rubber grommets are making good contact with both the pickup and the body all the way around both pickups. Finally, make sure the tailpiece is seated securely so it isn't vibrating, either.
Tdisewingmachine

Post by Tdisewingmachine »

SOLVED:

Turns out that the saddle and screw moved away from the neck because I didn't install the tension spring. It's back and I inserted a sliver of a thin pick in between the D and G saddle. NO MORE BUZZING.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”