New Guitar Week! (2003 360)

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

DiBiaso

New Guitar Week! (2003 360)

Post by DiBiaso »

I've always been curious about Rickenbackers but had never played one. The tones of so much of my favorite music (80s college rock) comes from them and I loved the look of them. Still, I've never played one and always heard the the necks are a bit "weird." I'm primarily a Fender and Gibson player (Strat, Tele and two Les Paul's) and was concerned that I would get along with the neck.

Last week this Maple Glo 360 came up in Craigslist REALLY cheap (we are talking almost a three figure price instead of four figures :shock: ) so I figured I had to check it out.

The neck is certainly different than anything I've plaid. But in a good way for sure. One of the fastest necks I've played. Lowest action I've ever experienced without buzzing.

The thing that surprised me the most is contrary to how delicate it looks, if feels very solid and sturdy. I've gone in a different direction from jangle pop and plugged it into a big muff and boss flanger and its ability to pull off Jesus and Mary Chain as well as "Wish" era Cure tones in amazing!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Jimmy72

Re: New Guitar Week! (2003 360)

Post by Jimmy72 »

I may be a bit late to the party, but I just got my first Ric!!!!! It's a 620 in Fireglo!!!! I couldn't be any happier unless I won the lottery!

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”