620/12 mixer control mod.

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

theonemanband

620/12 mixer control mod.

Post by theonemanband »

Hi........

I would like to convert the mixer (5th.) knob on my 2013 620/12 to a Master Volume and am looking for a "cabling for dummies" type of wiring diagram! :D

I seem to remember reading that this was a popular and relatively simple procedure but now, finding any info on the mod is proving elusive.

Although I rarely use the "ROS", I would like to keep the option if possible, if not, it's no big deal.

I am no guitar technician or electrician but I can confidently carry out simple adjustments (truss rod, intonation etc.) and am adept with a soldering iron so, can anyone help with an easy to understand wiring diagram & details please.

Thank you.........Brian
only my opinion of course!
theonemanband

Re: 620/12 mixer control mod.

Post by theonemanband »

Although I didn't get any help here regarding this modification, I did get the information I needed online from a well known luthiers site and having used the guitar quite a few times since completing the re-wiring, I thought I'd post my thoughts.......(only my opinion you understand)!

All it needed was a simple re-directing of two or three cables.........job done!

I have lost the "Ric-O-Sound" function, but I NEVER used that anyway and besides, restoring the guitar to it's original state would be a simple reversal of the above.
There is absolutely no loss of volume or tone and the guitar still has all the Rickenbacker "jangle" any 12 string player could want!

I am so delighted I did this, it is FAR more useful than the "mixer control". I can dial in exactly the sounds I want simply by pre-setting the volume & tone pots and then by using the pickup selector. I then have total control over the volume, onboard the guitar.

Totally happy with the mod, and thoroughly recommended. :D
strummersteve

Post by strummersteve »

theonemanband wrote:<snip>I did get the information I needed online from a well known luthiers site and having used the guitar quite a few times since completing the re-wiring, I thought I'd post my thoughts.......
All it needed was a simple re-directing of two or three cables.........job done!
Totally happy with the mod, and thoroughly recommended. :D
What was the website that you went to and what exactly did you redirect? Please share as I (and probably others) would like to try the same modification. Thanks.
Steve
"A Splendid Time Is Guaranteed For All"
theonemanband

Post by theonemanband »

strummersteve wrote: What was the website that you went to and what exactly did you redirect? Please share as I (and probably others) would like to try the same modification. Thanks.
Steve
Here ya go!

http://fretsnet.ning.com/forum/topics/r ... 1#comments

and the one I used.

http://fretsnet.ning.com/forum/attachme ... e%3A153833

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”