1999 Squire Stagemaster Jetglo Rick PUPs

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

aoresteen

1999 Squire Stagemaster Jetglo Rick PUPs

Post by aoresteen »

I just love this guitar! While it's not a true Rick, it's soul is pure Rickenbacker.

The guitar is a Jetglo 1999 Squire Stagemaster. I found it in a local pawnshop in bad shape for $80. The bridge was missing parts and the tremblock was stripped out. I was able to track down the missing parts and added a brass tremblock. The original tremblock weighed 120g; the replacement weighs in at 190g, a huge difference. The neck was actually in great shape. Frets were very good and just needed minor tweaking.

I had Terrapin Guitars make a custom black tremolo cover and a black paisley pick guard to hold all three generations of Rickenbacker pickups:

Bridge: Rick Humbucker
Middle: Rick Hi Gain
Neck: Rick Toaster.

Body:

Back:

The bridge is a licensed locking Floyd Rose & nut. Not too many of those on Rickenbacker guitars. It's set up with a set of .010 to .046 gauge strings. Schaller strap locks help keep me from dropping it :) . Controls are simple - a single vol and tone control are all she needs.

I did a similar guitar using an Epiphone guitar but it didn't have a Hi Gain on it - just a Toaster & Humbucker. Since this one has all three it's a Triple Threat.

This guitar turned out great - plays like butter and sounds great! While the Rickenbacker pickups are not cheap, they are well worth the expense.
Dom

Re: 1999 Squire Stagemaster Jetglo Rick PUPs

Post by Dom »

I like it, that's a clean install! Can you get the toaster & HB1 at the same time? If it jangles or growls I'm in. I was considering such a task on a Ibanez RG 550 and a Matsumoku Vantage Avenger! I'd love to hear sound clips if you have 'em.
aoresteen

Post by aoresteen »

Yes you can if you do David Gilmour's mod by added a PUSH-Pull switch that turns on the neck when the 5 way has the bridge only engaged.
LowSurf

Post by LowSurf »

I said it before on the corporate site, but this guitar needs a Kauffman, and maybe a converter comb.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”