Johnny Marr's 1993 For Sale

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

egosheep
Intermediate Member

Johnny Marr's 1993 For Sale

Post by egosheep »

Richard Henry has put up Johnny's ex-Pete Townshend 1993 that he bought from John Entwistle.

https://reverb.com/item/2241634-rickenbacker-rose-morris-1993-12-ex-the-who-the-smiths-1964-fireglo

:shock:
Great Ramp In My Opinion.
collin

Re: Johnny Marr's 1993 For Sale

Post by collin »

Yep, it's been up for sale awhile now.

Correction though -- it was never Pete Townshend's guitar. Only John Entwhistle owned it, so the photos in the listing showing Pete with a 1993 are quite misleading. It's not the guitar shown...

Would love to own it though. Provenance from two of my favorite bands, and my favorite guitar model. Spectacular..
egosheep
Intermediate Member

Post by egosheep »

Hey Collin, yeah I must have missed it when it first came up. Cool to have clarification that it was never Pete's, I was basing that on stuff Marr has said in the past. I just checked his Guitarchestra page and he's edited it where it used to say "My 1964 Rickenbacker 12 String that once belonged to Pete Townsend" to "used to belong to The Who".

If you do buy it, let me know... I'll fly out to provide security. 8)
Great Ramp In My Opinion.
collin

Post by collin »

Oh, trust me. I don't have a horse in this race.. :lol:

Marr might have just assumed that the Rick was also owned by Pete since the other guitars he got from Alan Rogan were actually Pete's (Gretsch 6120 etc..), but this 1993 was definitely Entwhistle's guitar. Not sure when he owned it, but I'd guess sometime in the 70s.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”