Help! I have a Rickenbacker case problem!

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

kierkegaardfan

Help! I have a Rickenbacker case problem!

Post by kierkegaardfan »

I have a 1994 Rickenbacker 650 Dakota that I recently bought used. The case that came with it, black exterior/blue interior, is a little too big for it. It almost looks like a case for a 330.

I contacted Rickenbacker and they told me to order a 600/350 series case for new one. I just got it today and it does not appear that my 650 fits. The neck doesn't even make contact with the neck support when you lay it in the case and it appears the headstock extends past the space designed for the headstock.

I haven't tried to close it because it really looks like I'd have to "force" it closed. It does not look right to me at all.

Did Rickenbacker change the body size/style of 650's at some point such that a 1994 model would not fit a contemporary case?

Sigh...I think I may need to send this one back, but now I don't know what to do about having a case that fits.
chefothefuture
Advanced Member

Re: Help! I have a Rickenbacker case problem!

Post by chefothefuture »

kierkegaardfan wrote:I have a 1994 Rickenbacker 650 Dakota that I recently bought used. The case that came with it, black exterior/blue interior, is a little too big for it. It almost looks like a case for a 330.

I contacted Rickenbacker and they told me to order a 600/350 series case for new one. I just got it today and it does not appear that my 650 fits. The neck doesn't even make contact with the neck support when you lay it in the case and it appears the headstock extends past the space designed for the headstock.

I haven't tried to close it because it really looks like I'd have to "force" it closed. It does not look right to me at all.

Did Rickenbacker change the body size/style of 650's at some point such that a 1994 model would not fit a contemporary case?

Sigh...I think I may need to send this one back, but now I don't know what to do about having a case that fits.
I think pictures might help, but if the neck is clearly too long so that you can not close the lid, then something is not correct.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”