Accent arm fixing

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

gwatkins15

Accent arm fixing

Post by gwatkins15 »

I've been wondering if I've been attaching the arm to the accent vibrato properly. All I do is fit the arm, chrome washer (I think I found this from something else) then tighten the screw tight. I like it so it doesn't move, but that restricts getting to the controls, and if I move it it just gets really loose. Is there a way of getting it to swivel like a bigsby arm? Use it then move it out of the way, but it not being really loose? Stupid question I know but it's been annoying me for years.
Ric5150

Re: Accent arm fixing

Post by Ric5150 »

There should be a white plastic (teflon, I think) washer between the arm and screw. That helps. If it still spins, you can put Loc-tite on the screw right before installing it.
Life is suffering; the cause of suffering is desire. Envy is a deadly sin. Save your soul, go ahead and buy another one....
Winter77

Post by Winter77 »

Hi! On my 335 the screw get loose, even with the plastic washer. I put a second plastic washer and now I can move the accent arm up and down without the screw get loose.

The second washer I added is a Gibson vibrato washer. I hope this helps you...
Attachments
DSCF6097 (800x600).jpg
gwatkins15

Post by gwatkins15 »

Thanks for the picture. I've used two thick rubber washers for the time being and used as bit of locktite on the thread. It works okay, the screw still turns but it moves back and forth with the arm.
ChuckEds

Post by ChuckEds »

There should be a 1/2" wavy washer under the screw, my Accent is totally stock and that's all it has. With that you don't have to tighten the screw enough so that it turns with the arm. I occasionally clean and lube it with some silicone spray and it works fine. Hope this helps!
Tommy
Intermediate Member

Post by Tommy »

This thread begs the question, do you really need the arm?

Do folks here really make use of that Accent vibrato? Heck, I simply keep that arm in the case. No worries about out of tune stings, access to controls, slipping arm....
antipodean

Post by antipodean »

Tommy wrote:This thread begs the question, do you really need the arm?

Do folks here really make use of that Accent vibrato? Heck, I simply keep that arm in the case. No worries about out of tune stings, access to controls, slipping arm....
I use the vibrato on more than the odd occasion. I'd have kept the R tailpiece on otherwise!
"I don't want to sound incredulous but I can't believe it" Rex Mossop
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Just picked up a 325C64 this weekend... love that Accent! Need to figure out a way to cover that pointy tip though.
antipodean

Post by antipodean »

jdogric12 wrote:Just picked up a 325C64 this weekend... love that Accent! Need to figure out a way to cover that pointy tip though.
Yeah - a rubber or plastic cap would be a great idea.....
"I don't want to sound incredulous but I can't believe it" Rex Mossop
Tommy
Intermediate Member

Post by Tommy »

jdogric12 wrote:Just picked up a 325C64 this weekend... love that Accent! Need to figure out a way to cover that pointy tip though.
Go to Home Depot. Buy something called a 'rubber thread protector" or "rubber end caps" or "screw protectors" (really no official name for these things). About fifty cents. They come in assortment of sizes and various colors. I think white would work best for the Accent arm.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”