Cream/Aged-White pickguards for 330/360

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

DarnWeight

Cream/Aged-White pickguards for 330/360

Post by DarnWeight »

Hi

I'm now the proud owner of an '08 360/6 in Jetglo, and very happy with it. It's essentially a NOS guitar, as the shop I bought it from were adamant it was basically new/boxed and had never been used as a demo model. It certainly has zero playing wear or marks, and looks brand new. My only issue with the guitar, as I received it, is that the TRC has somehow become very discoloured and doesn't match up with the white pickguard.

So my question is, has anyone any experience with 3rd-party cream-coloured pickguards? I see these on eBay etc, but haven't been able to find any images online of one installed on a guitar. My initial thoughts are that on a Jetglo it would work well with the more aged/yellowed appearance of the neck/body binding, but I'd love to hear others experiences.

Thanks

D
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Re: Cream/Aged-White pickguards for 330/360

Post by jdogric12 »

Welcome Darren. Don't know, but make sure you go with someone who knows Ricks well, like Pickguardian, so you don't inadvertently get a material that reacts poorly with the Rick UV-cured poly finish.
DarnWeight

Post by DarnWeight »

jdogric12 wrote:Welcome Darren. Don't know, but make sure you go with someone who knows Ricks well, like Pickguardian, so you don't inadvertently get a material that reacts poorly with the Rick UV-cured poly finish.
Hi, and thanks for pitching in! This is my main worry...the ones I'm seeing are obviously cheaply manufactured in the Far East, and I wonder how they would wear over time.

As it happens, I've also just found that RickySounds, over here in the UK, offer a service to re-colour the raised-lettering type TRCs. I've just shot them an email to see if this is feasible and how much it will cost.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

It probably wouldn't hurt to contact the distributor, or maybe even RIC themselves to see if you can do a TRC exchange, if it's in perfectly good condition otherwise. They'd charge you and require you to send in the bad one, but at least you could get it its best if they agreed to.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”