Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

opticnerve
Advanced Member

Re: 1963 360/12 The First One

Post by opticnerve »

beatleboy wrote:
opticnerve wrote:
beatleboy wrote:Here's a recent pic. It was restored to original factory spec a number of years ago.
Actually, it modified to look like #2 a number of years ago. :roll:
Actually, no. It only looked like #2 for a quick photo shoot. :roll:
Hahaha!
collin

Post by collin »

jdogric12 wrote:
Ah, you're THAT Paul. 5 years ago, I think Josh left us with the impression these were permanent changes.

+1

That was my understanding too, so I think many of us are pleased it's back to factory specs (hopefully with the stringing arrangement too!). Pleasant surprise, so kudos on that Paul. :D

While we can all acknowledge the importance and impact of the Beatles, that particular guitar is really important to Rickenbacker fans in it's original configuration. After all, we're just caretakers of these things in the long run.
beatleboy

Post by beatleboy »

Jason and Collin, although the original nut is somewhat brittle and was disintegrating, my luthier was able to rehabilitate and stabilize it. So, it was put back on the guitar with the original stringing arrangement.

The guitar has been in this original factory configuration now for several years...and will continue to remain so for as long as I’m its caretaker.

Cheers!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

beatleboy wrote:Jason and Collin, although the original nut is somewhat brittle and was disintegrating, my luthier was able to rehabilitate and stabilize it. So, it was put back on the guitar with the original stringing arrangement.

The guitar has been in this original factory configuration now for several years...and will continue to remain so for as long as I’m its caretaker.

Cheers!
How did you wrest it out of the hands of the perpetrator?
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

jps wrote:
beatleboy wrote:Jason and Collin, although the original nut is somewhat brittle and was disintegrating, my luthier was able to rehabilitate and stabilize it. So, it was put back on the guitar with the original stringing arrangement.

Cheers!
How did you wrest it out of the hands of the perpetrator?
Jeff:
Josh and Paul are co-partners on TheBeatlesGear.com.

Paul:
Thanks - glad to hear that. That's quite a different story than what was painted for us 5 years ago.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

jdogric12 wrote: Josh and Paul are co-partners on TheBeatlesGear.com.
Okay, I didn't know that.
Tommy
Intermediate Member

Post by Tommy »

beatleboy wrote:The guitar has been in this original factory configuration now for several years...and will continue to remain so for as long as I’m its caretaker.
Just curious, the original case wouldn't still be extant, would it?
beatleboy

Post by beatleboy »

Tommy wrote:
beatleboy wrote:The guitar has been in this original factory configuration now for several years...and will continue to remain so for as long as I’m its caretaker.
Just curious, the original case wouldn't still be extant, would it?
Yes, it would :)

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”