Rickenbacker Custom Shop

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Re: Rickenbacker Custom Shop

Postby (collin) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:20 pm

opticnerve wrote:BTW, the bass style sliding mute for the 6 string bridge is crazy!

Personally, I always loved the design of that one-off doubleneck. It was sorta clunky, and could have been refined, but I think it's cool. And how short is that bass neck? :shock:

A 6/12 doubleneck in that body shape would be killer, sort of an OS version of a 362/12.
(collin)

Postby (sentionaut) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:16 pm

Old thread, but I really wish Ric had a custom shop of some kind. I understand why they dont, but it would be a dream if they did.

I'd order a walnut 381v69 - can you imagine?

:shock:
(sentionaut)

Postby (cjj) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:43 pm

They seem to be doing a fair number of small custom runs for various dealers lately. Perhaps that's the way to get a custom built, convince a dealer to order 25 or so of what you want. If they think they can sell them, you just might get your wish...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
(cjj)
RRF Moderator

Postby (admin) » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:43 am

A great idea, CJ! Perhaps a Kiwi model is born. What would if look like?
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
(admin)
Site Admin

Postby (jps) » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:01 am

admin wrote:A great idea, CJ! Perhaps a Kiwi model is born. What would if look like?

Something like this, perhaps. This one is the Geddy Lee Signature model. :mrgreen:

Geddy Sheep.jpg
(jps)
RRF Consultant

Postby (cjj) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:18 am

jps wrote:
admin wrote:A great idea, CJ! Perhaps a Kiwi model is born. What would if look like?

Something like this, perhaps. This one is the Geddy Lee Signature model. :mrgreen:

Geddy Sheep.jpg

LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But, first of all, there are no ”dealers” in NZ. Being outside the USA, it's the distributor model.
Secondly, at nearly $4000 for a bog standard 4003, they probably wouldn't ever sell them all...
:(
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
(cjj)
RRF Moderator

Previous

Return to Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons