??? Winfield Accent Vibrato Units ???

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

larsongs

??? Winfield Accent Vibrato Units ???

Post by larsongs »

Anybody have & use them on your Rics'? What do I need to know? Thoughts, opinions & feedback appreciated.

Thinking of getting one for my new Ric 620 but thought I'd inquire here first..

Thanks,

Lars
whitford

Re: ??? Winfield Accent Vibrato Units ???

Post by whitford »

I have one. they're great, but there is a gap which makes re-stringing easier buy is a slight cosmetic difference.
larsongs

Post by larsongs »

whitford wrote:I have one. they're great, but there is a gap which makes re-stringing easier buy is a slight cosmetic difference.
I'm not a Dive Bomber on a Whammy Bar but does it stay in tune comparable to a quality Bigsby?

Is the Installation pretty straight forward? Do you have any advice or Tips?

Thanks,

Lars
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

larsongs wrote:I'm not a Dive Bomber on a Whammy Bar but does it stay in tune comparable to a quality Bigsby?
IMO tuning stability is dependent on the bridge, nut, and tuners and has nothing to do with the vibrato mechanism itself.
larsongs

Post by larsongs »

sloop_john_b wrote:
larsongs wrote:I'm not a Dive Bomber on a Whammy Bar but does it stay in tune comparable to a quality Bigsby?
IMO tuning stability is dependent on the bridge, nut, and tuners and has nothing to do with the vibrato mechanism itself.
I have several Guitars with Trems, Vibratos, & Bigsby's. Most have very little in the way of Tuning issues for my playing style.

I have no previous experience with Ric Accent Vibratos. Many say, Including the Ric Rep I spoke to recently, one of the main issues with Rics Accent Vibrato was Tuning issues. I'm curious about the Winfields, which are supposed to be greatly improved from what I've heard & read, since Ric's are no longer offering them.

Thanks,

Lars
sentionaut

Post by sentionaut »

Any comments on if sustain is compromised compared to R tailpiece?
antipodean

Post by antipodean »

sentionaut wrote:Any comments on if sustain is compromised compared to R tailpiece?
Not from my experience. I converted my 330 to a 335 (using an Accent with Winfieled tailpiece) and I'm very happy with the end result.
"I don't want to sound incredulous but I can't believe it" Rex Mossop

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”