NGD: 325V59 (1997)

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Sotakoira Musti

NGD: 325V59 (1997)

Post by Sotakoira Musti »

Hi everybody!

Just scored beautiful 325V59 in mapleglo. Rickenbackers are quite hard to find here in Finland. There are some used items at the market, but brand new are virtually impossible to find. Actually I have a funny story. A large music shop here in Helsinki placed an order for 5 guitars, 330’s and 360’s. Time went on and when the guitars arrived 4-5 years later, nobody at the store had no recollection of ordering them. So they were quite surprised.

Back to 325: price was more than ok when comparing to USA or Japan. Near mint condition, just have to change the strings and to do a setup. Then I’ll use my days off the best possible way: start playing The Beatles’ albums from Please Please me to Beatles for sale.

This on is my second Rickenbacker, the first one is a 6-stringer 360w (2014). And now I’m eagerlly waiting 360C63/12 to arrive from Germany. I think then I’m done with Rickenbackers and I’ll move on to Gretsches, starting with GH Duo Jet :D

A couple of pictures is available at register, just search for 325V59, 1997, mapleglo and Finland. I guarantee there won’t be too many matches :lol:

Happy springtime to all of you!
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Re: NGD: 325V59 (1997)

Post by jdogric12 »

Congratulations! Very nice story.
Sotakoira Musti

Re: NGD: 325V59 (1997)

Post by Sotakoira Musti »

Thanks!

Oddly here on Finland there seems to be a much higher demand for basses than guitars.

Did a setup, bought colour matching strap and been spending last nights at bands practiceroom playing early Beatles. It was quite difficult to adjust my fingers to shorter scale frets, but I think I’ll manage it eventually.

About the tone. Nothing too fancy with Fender twin reverb. Muddy as hell. But with Vox AC30 with blue alnicos, this baby sings and loud. Everyone who knows their Beatles, imagine She’s a womans opening chords. It’s pure bliss when cranked up!
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”