615 vs 450. Pro’s and Con’s

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Wizz

615 vs 450. Pro’s and Con’s

Post by Wizz »

I’m planning on getting a new 6 string solid body in the new year and need some input as I’ve never laid a hand on either of the two models I’m most interested in. The 450 (or a 420/425 if the right one comes along) or a 615, In either case I’m looking for a player grade vintage instrument. I will eventually set up a proper wanted ad in the marketplace but for now I’m really just looking for good info to steer me towards one or the other.

The biggest selling point for me is the neck, I love the neck on my ‘66 335 and would like to find something in the same ball park. Can I expect a similar neck from either if it’s around the same vintage? As they get closer to the beginning of the sixties do the neck profiles get more combursome? Over all Is there a clear better choice between the two guitars? ? Is one more collectible or rare than the other? I’ve heard that some of the 400 series bodies got thinner through the years and some had set necks as aposed to the neck-through design, any reason to steer clear of one or the other? do the Electros and Ryder’s stack up?

Let me know your thoughts and any facts I should know.
Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Re: 615 vs 450. Pro’s and Con’s

Post by Kiddwad57 »

I like the 600 series better because they show more wood and less plastic.
Don't let democracy end democracy.
mckuen

Re: 615 vs 450. Pro’s and Con’s

Post by mckuen »

Hi, I think one of the graetest things of both models are the set neck.

If you want a better Bridge, chose the 600. In my opinion, the 600 Model Sounds a littler fatter, because of iis non Floating bridge construktion. Both are great guitars in their owen right. The 600 is just a Little better and more expensive build .

sincerely

Thomas

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”