NGD: First Rickenbacker

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

carolinaeasy

NGD: First Rickenbacker

Post by carolinaeasy »

Hello everyone,

My name is Carolinaeasy and I am a guitar addict. I have a number of guitars, ranging from a Fender Custom Shop Nocaster, a Fender Custom Shop Robin Trower Strat, Fender AVHR 57 Strat, custom-made teles in shell pink, and Daphne blue over sunburst (both made by myself), Jazzmasters, Mustangs, one of the first Fender American Standards, to Gibson LPs. But I have always wanted a Rickenbacker guitar. I nearly bought a 360 a few years ago but talked myself out of buying it at the time. This week an opportunity arose for me to trade a couple of guitars I was not using (1982 Greco EG59-45, and an MJT double bound tele build) for a Rickenbacker 330 in Jetglo. The guitar is on its way from across the country, but I am already excited. The guitar is 2013, and it has both the original bridge and a Mastery bridge included. I am already considering changing the pickups to a set of Lollars, but I want to gig with the guitar first and see how it sounds in that setting before doing anything to the guitar. My band is a cover band and we play a ton of Beatles, Petty, and early Brit Invasion music so this and my Nocaster (in open g) will be my go-to guitars for our next gig in January. I just wanted to stop in and say hello, and that I plan on digging through the forums here and seeing what valuable information you folks might have for me.

Thanks!
scotty

Re: NGD: First Rickenbacker

Post by scotty »

Welcome to the RRF and congrats on your new instrument.
Wizz

Post by Wizz »

Welcome! Congrats on becoming a Ric owner.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Years from now, you're gonna miss that Greco! :mrgreen:
carolinaeasy

Post by carolinaeasy »

jps wrote:Years from now, you're gonna miss that Greco! :mrgreen:

Haha, I bet.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”