Bridge plate cover & 360s

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

slt8576

Bridge plate cover & 360s

Post by slt8576 »

I bought a used Jetglo 360 on Reverb a while back (pictured). Not being super familiar with the ins and outs of Ricks, I didn't notice at the time that it didn't have a bridge plate cover. I've since noticed the bridge plate cover in various Google Image searches of 360s.

At the time, I was told that it was a 2006 model. When I do searches on 2006 360s, I've found listings where the guitar likewise doesn't have a bridge plate cover; like my listing, none of these mention that the bridge plate cover is not included or that a previous owner had taken it off.

Here's my question: Was the bridge plate cover not standard for 360s in and around 2006 (+/- a couple of years, if my seller was off)?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

------------------

PS: If they were indeed standard, can anyone give me the particular part number/specs I should be looking for in a replacement?

PS2: Any way to date it off the numbers near the output jack? One of the numbers on mine is "07."
rick.png
collin

Re: Bridge plate cover & 360s

Post by collin »

AFAIK, the bridge covers are stock on ALL Rickenbacker guitars with that style bridge - 330/360/620/660/381 etc. etc.

It's not at all uncommon to see these either removed or missing altogether since many people prefer to rest their hand on the saddles for palm muting.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Re: Bridge plate cover & 360s

Post by doctorwho »

slt8576 wrote: ...

PS: If they were indeed standard, can anyone give me the particular part number/specs I should be looking for in a replacement?

PS2: Any way to date it off the numbers near the output jack? One of the numbers on mine is "07."
rick.png
The bridge cover (and mounting screws are often misplaced by a previous owner and don't follow the instrument when it is sold.

The part numbers (cover and screws) can be found at the RIC corporate site:

http://www.rickenbacker.com/pdfs/gbridge.pdf

00826 Bridge Cover Chrome
05126 Bridge Cover Mounting Screw

The number on the jack plate contains the date code. The 07 on yours (if it is by itself at one end of the jack plate) indicates a 2007 year of manufacture. The other number (other end of jack plate) will contain the week as the first two digits; e.g., 04234 would translate as the fourth week (04). There is a serial number decoder at the RIC website that will help, too.
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”