NRD : 330 FG

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

steverok
Intermediate Member

NRD : 330 FG

Post by steverok »

Satisfied my "FireGlo Envy" with this beaut, acquired from Wildwood Guitars. I must recommend this store. They did such a good setup, and their prices are the best I could come across, for new Rics. Even got a free T shirt. This is a great sounding and playing guitar !
Attachments
DSC05139 - shrunk.JPG
Tommy
Intermediate Member

Re: NRD : 330 FG

Post by Tommy »

I clicked on your photo and gasped. Though I've seen FireGlo Ric guitars for decades, they still take my breath away. And one in the 330 body style sure is a knockout.

My 330 is MidnightBlue (I have a 360 in FireGlo) and my next Ric will be a 620...Midnight Blue. But seeing your FireGlo made me think...hmm, maybe it's time for FireGlo again.
steverok
Intermediate Member

Post by steverok »

Tom, therein lies the signs of addiction !

For years, I have been coming to the conclusion that the 330 is my favorite Ric.

The pics, on the website I shopped on, showed the red of the FireGlo being darker than what it appears to be in person. However, for any given FireGlo example, its appearance varies wildly as you move it from room to room, or under different lighting conditions, or as you look at it from different angles. My favorite is soft light or natural light, viewed at an angle. At first, I was kind of disappointed that the red was not as deep as on my 2005 360-12VP (pic attached here), however, that quickly changed as I got better looks at it. Add in that this 330 sounds so good and plays so great, it was a done deal. These guys at Wildwood Guitars set it up with a straight neck, and got the action lower than on any of my other Rics, so hats off to them.

As far as your next Ric goes ... that's your call, of course. If it were me, I would want a JetGlo or MapleGlo, although the new MGs sometimes seem a bit light in shade, and the JG can be problematic with hazy or smudgy appearance, if you don't maintain it. It does seem like FG is the most popular color. They seem to sell faster.
Attachments
Rickenbacker 360-12VP FireGlo.jpg
Tommy
Intermediate Member

Post by Tommy »

steverok wrote:As far as your next Ric goes ... that's your call, of course. If it were me, I would want a JetGlo or MapleGlo, although the new MGs sometimes seem a bit light in shade, and the JG can be problematic with hazy or smudgy appearance, if you don't maintain it.
I have all the current standard colors save for MapleGlo. Don't believe I want that one so my next Ric will be a double of a color I already have. They're not making MidnightBlue any more so it looks like I'll be back to FireGlo.

By the way, I always seem to read about JetGlo hazing up. I think it is true because a few months after a good waxing, the JetGlo finish does seem to whiten/haze a bit. It's no bother really because another good waxing (with Zymol car cleaner/wax) and its back to a deep black with a blinding shine.

Very Occasionally

Post by Very Occasionally »

Congrats on the new beauty!

I concur: Wildwood has great service and prices on Rics. I got 2 of mine from them.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”