Help Wanted!! Find missing vintage TRC!

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

collin

Help Wanted!! Find missing vintage TRC!

Post by collin »

Help Wanted!!!

Last night, I managed to spare a rare 1969 Rick 381 mapleglo from an undignified fate being parted out on eBay by Gibsonpartsdependable. I was able to secure the top bid on nearly all of the parts - the body, serial number, case, pickups, pickguard and other parts - all the stuff that matters for a vintage 381. I'm only missing a few small things, including the TRC.

This is a total longshot - but did anybody else here happen to bid on this part or anything else from this guitar ? I would be happy to buy this, or even trade other vintage Rick parts to try and get this guitar back whole again. Again, I'm primarily looking for the buyer of the TRC.

It boggles my mind that this 381 was parted out. I found the listing for this guitar when it was sold by another dealer a few months ago and it appears to be one of the nicest vintage 381s I've seen, coming from the original owner no less.... glad to keep this one together as much as I can.

381 - TRC.png
381 - TRC (2).png
381 (12).png
381 (4).png
381 (5).png
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Re: Help Wanted!! Find missing vintage TRC!

Post by jdogric12 »

I did math on this guy once and found the profit margin was razor thin... still the case I hope?

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”