tuning ratio of the Rickenbacker 325C64

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Frogman47

tuning ratio of the Rickenbacker 325C64

Post by Frogman47 »

Does anyone know the tuning ratio of the Rickenbacker 325 C 64 I'm looking to replace the Vintage Repro tuners with kluson locking
scott_s
Veteran RRF member

Re: tuning ratio of the Rickenbacker 325C64

Post by scott_s »

Are they rebranded Kluson Deluxes? https://www.kluson.com/kluson-3-per-sid ... tails.html Those would be 15:1, up from the 12:1 of the originals.

I couldn't tell you the ratio of any of my tuners, I just turn them until I'm up to pitch. :lol:
Frogman47

Post by Frogman47 »

Thanks so much buddy
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Can you simply turn them and see? Not trying to be a smarty pants, but I think it really is this simple. Count the number of times you have to turn the knob to get one full rotation.
Tommy
Intermediate Member

Post by Tommy »

jdogric12 wrote:Can you simply turn them and see? Not trying to be a smarty pants, but I think it really is this simple. Count the number of times you have to turn the knob to get one full rotation.
I never really understood tuning ratios. Oh, yes, an 18-1 ratio would be better than a 12-1 ratio...more control over the increments. I understand that.

But the idea that how many times you have to turn the tuning key’s button for the string post to make one full revolution makes no sense to me. Heck, why can't I really give my wrist a good workout and turn an 18-1 ratio peg in just four turns? There is no exact measurement for a turn, so how can a peg be advertised as 18 turns to make the peg achieve one full rotation?
maxwell

Post by maxwell »

18 turns using one of these would be easy:

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Dunlop/Roa ... -Winder.gc

Count the number of full 360-degree turns of the key/crank to cause the peg to rotate one full 360-degree turn.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Tommy wrote:But the idea that how many times you have to turn the tuning key’s button for the string post to make one full revolution makes no sense to me.
I don't understand what you mean. Turn the peg 18 (or 14, etc) times, you get 1 rotation of the post. Am I misunderstanding what you're saying?
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Tommy wrote:But the idea that how many times you have to turn the tuning key’s button for the string post to make one full revolution makes no sense to me. Heck, why can't I really give my wrist a good workout and turn an 18-1 ratio peg in just four turns? There is no exact measurement for a turn, so how can a peg be advertised as 18 turns to make the peg achieve one full rotation?
Perhaps, we need to get back to basics. :wink:
Tuning Peg.jpg
Tuning Peg.jpg (10.44 KiB) Viewed 2895 times
Tommy
Intermediate Member

Post by Tommy »

maxwell wrote: Count the number of full 360-degree turns of the key/crank to cause the peg to rotate one full 360-degree turn.
That's it -- a COMPLETE 360 degree turn on the key.

That's never made clear. It's always number of turns on the key to get the post to make one full rotation. Well what exactly constitutes a turn on the key? You've given the simple answer - a full 360 degree turn equals one turn on the key. Thanks.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”