TR75 Amp Needing Repair

Tube and solidstate amplifiers made by Rickenbacker

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

gstockton
Veteran RRF member

TR75 Amp Needing Repair

Post by gstockton »

I have a TR75 Rickenbacker guitar amp. It is a nice compact unit with 2 12" speakers. The amp makes a loud squeeling sound when powered on. It was actually repaired once at the factory in the early 80's. Since that time it had a hum which got louder over time. I never took it back, but would love to restore it to working condition. I am wondering if an amp like this would be expensive to repair, and if there are any repair shops in Southern California with experience with this kind of thing.
F.P.

Post by F.P. »

I would "guide" you to Tracy Sands' shop, IMO, he knows RIC Amps better than anyone on the Planet ! If he repaired it, you can rest assured it was done correctly, and incidently, his shop is located in Cypress, CA. Give him a shot, you will be more than satisfied. Good luck !
gstockton
Veteran RRF member

Post by gstockton »

Wonderful, thank you.

You wouldn't happen to know if they have a web site or phone number? I can't locate them by the name IMO, or by Tracy Sands.
tracy
Veteran RRF member

Post by tracy »

TECH NOTE: The TR series amplifiers all have several connections that are made to the circuit board by means of 'pins' and 'plugs'. If you don't make a roadmap or aren't paying attention, connections can be swapped or 'off' by one pin, etc. This turned out to be the case in Gary's amp, and once it was all sorted out, the problems were gone. The last technician that worked on this amp obviously didn't sound check it before it went out the door. Hmmmm....

Thank you Gary for bringing your amp to my shop. I appreciate your business!
Show him the shirts, Adrian.

Return to “Rickenbacker Amplifiers”