1950's M Series Amplifier

Tube and solidstate amplifiers made by Rickenbacker

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

admin
Site Admin

1950's M Series Amplifier

Post by admin »

Tracy: Please identify this 1950's Rickenbacker M Series amplifier.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
tracy
Veteran RRF member

Post by tracy »

Hi Peter!

It looks very much like an early version of the M-11 or M-12. Later versions of the M-12 had two 12" speakers according to literature. I have three M-12's, all with one speaker only. I've never seen this variation, with that 'M-8' style of control panel. Rickenbacker was real good about putting the model numbers in a rather visible area so I'm surprised yu don't find it somewhere on the panel.
Show him the shirts, Adrian.
dan_cohen

Post by dan_cohen »

hi. i have an amp that i believe is a rickenbacker, but i'm not sure. it says Model M-10 on the chassis (mounted on the bottom), the "cabinet" is all metal, with slats in the front instead of a grill cloth. it looks like a little heater, actually! it has a 10-inch utah speaker, with a transformer attached to it, which i thought was odd. it has two inputs and an on/off switch. no volume knob. no light. one 5V4, 2 6V6's, and a metal 6N7.

any ideas? thanks.
tracy
Veteran RRF member

Post by tracy »

Sounds like a typical 'National' product of the late 30's, early 40's. National produced nearly all of Rickenbacker's amplifiers through about 1948/49. If you can supply some photos to the Forum, I'm sure they will be enjoyed by all. It will also help in identification as we have a great amount of literature on Rickenbacker amplifiers.
Show him the shirts, Adrian.

Return to “Rickenbacker Amplifiers”