M-8

Tube and solidstate amplifiers made by Rickenbacker

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

pepe_wahoo

M-8

Post by pepe_wahoo »

I bought one of these about 13 years ago and finally got around to checking it out but as it turns out the 6v6gt tube is shot and I don't know about the rest although the two other tubes glow a bit. What are these things worth repairable or fixed up. It has a tweed cover and a beige rough finish. I play but mostly acoustic. Thanks for any info
upstairsdave

Post by upstairsdave »

Get the schematic of this site, retube it and replace any leaking solid state components. Do a search for JJ tubes or Euro Tubes. A Weber speaker would bring the amp to life.
good luck
Keep on keepin' on
gritsngravy

Post by gritsngravy »

I have a M-8E. It's in great condition and im pretty sure everythings original. It has a Jensen speaker and is covered in a greyish speckled tolex. I don't know too much about it except that it sounds amazing. Could anyone tell me any info they know about its original parts, tubes, rarity, value?
gritsngravy

Post by gritsngravy »

I found out a lot from http://jzu.free.fr/rick/amp/MB.html this site and others. it has 50 year old sylvania tubes. I dont plan on parting with this amp because i just love the sound but im still curious on the value so if anyone could help me out it'd be appreciated

Thanks Image
squirebass
Veteran RRF member

Post by squirebass »

I have one of these amps and I bought it for $75 bucks at a guitar show several years ago. It had a blown speaker and some other problems, like old caps and a few other things that needed fixing. I had a new Jensen speaker put in, and had the whole thing refurbished for about $200 bucks, including an external speaker jack. Now I play it thru a 4 x 10 cab, or not, and either way it sounds awesome. I got a guy locally here to do the work, a retired TI elect engineer and he fixed it up for me. I love mine, play it all the time. Hope this helps, I don't really know the value, but they make a big noise for such a small amp.
"This is the big one, Elizabeth, I'm coming to join ya, honey!"

Return to “Rickenbacker Amplifiers”