M-15 ?s

Tube and solidstate amplifiers made by Rickenbacker

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

metman

M-15 ?s

Post by metman »

I need a handle for my m-15 amp,Its a longer one, any ideas. You seem to see the same old rick amps on ebay,anyone seen an m-15 or m-12? In the gallery I see amps I have never even heard of the m-23, m38. I love my m15 and would not ever sell it,Its one of my favorite amps and I have had a bunch. Any opinions of how these vintage amps stack up against old fenders etc. Also does the B series sound the same as the M series. I have just joined the site so hello fellow rick amp fans,and thanks for any replies
eddy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Welcome Eddy. The M15 is a great amplifier. Does your M15 have the 4 inch tweeter? The M15 is similar to Fender models which it stacks up well against, from all reports that have been passed my way. I would love some detailed photos of this amplifier.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
metman

Post by metman »

I will post some pics a bit later,will be moving soon. This one does have the 4 inch tweeter,but I have disconnected it,did not like the sound.It is not the orginal one also.It has a handle but it is a makeshift leather one,would like a stronger nicer one. I assume finding an original one is a shot in the dark.Amp is in great shape,I think it sounds really nice,I gig so it has played out alot.The first channel is brighter setzer,3rd channel a bit darker,srv. The 15" jensen is sweet,I would love to get some of the other models someday,will these amps ever be worth big money? in a way I hope not, so I can buy some more.LOL.This one has a standby red light and green when its on,do the other larger m series have them? Has anyone played on the 4x10 tweed one?
jgoode

Re: M-15 ?s

Post by jgoode »

I recently acquired an m-15......starting to get it back in shape,
curious though have seen tube sets advertised with 4 of the same tubes
in preamp section, mine has 3 the same but one 6j5. After looking inside the amp
chasis, indeed there are two pins on the socket which are not wired matching the
vacant pins on a 6j5. I'm thinking that the 6j5 is the correct tube, wish the tube
ID's were stamped on the chasis. Can anyone confirm that the 6j5 is the correct
tube?
I beleive that this is an early model, the handle is leather and the tubes, except the 6l6's are
metal.
Thanks for any help.

Return to “Rickenbacker Amplifiers”