B-115

Tube and solidstate amplifiers made by Rickenbacker

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

berth
RRF Consultant

Re: B-115

Post by berth »

grazioso wrote:el34 will give you imho very different bit more edgy bottom. i think that 6l6 is better in this case with single 15" but i would still give it a try for a while with el34 and you'll see what is working for you. if you plan to use it live i would suggest swapping that 15" speaker for some eminence neo 15' ...you'll loose some pounds right there and it will sound tons better with the larger voice coil.
The housing itself needs some recovery. So If I will ever use this as a live amp than I might even make a seperate housing for the amp. It is not only weight but also size which makes it uncomfortable. From what I read there used to be a seperate amp available from the B-someting series though I only see this mentioned on one site.
grazioso
Intermediate Member

Post by grazioso »

yes they used to sell just a head + cabs. i have seen couple of them on ebay during past year or two. what you see most often is 4x10 version. these are cool amps that are not *that* expensive. does your have 220v? i used to have one of the later road/ric 2x12 yellow knob solid state ..20 years ago and it was great easy to carry amp and was like $200. i wish i still had it.
dusan palka who is also known as grazioso on infamous auction web site
if you want to reach the man and expect an answer please make sure you remove this email address (dusan@palka.com) from your spam block if you have one.
berth
RRF Consultant

Post by berth »

grazioso wrote:yes they used to sell just a head + cabs. i have seen couple of them on ebay during past year or two. what you see most often is 4x10 version. these are cool amps that are not *that* expensive. does your have 220v? i used to have one of the later road/ric 2x12 yellow knob solid state ..20 years ago and it was great easy to carry amp and was like $200. i wish i still had it.
Mine is 220 volts. I also have a yellow knob Rickenbacker RB120 bass amp. :) Bought it cheap and broken. Now I have it fixed, but have to wait till 5 december to get it home. The RB120 is not easy to carry though. ;-)
berth
RRF Consultant

Post by berth »

I just won the catalog in which this (my) amp is. :)

Return to “Rickenbacker Amplifiers”