Amp repair in Orange County CA

Tube and solidstate amplifiers made by Rickenbacker

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

blueflamerick
Advanced Member

Amp repair in Orange County CA

Post by blueflamerick »

Can anyone recommend an amp repair person in OC?
tracy
Veteran RRF member

Post by tracy »

I'm a little choosy about what projects I get involved with these days as most of my time is taken up with responsibilities at Bad Cat. I maintain a modest shop in Fullerton but I'm only there by appointment. I still have a wide and varied selection of replacement this & that for Rickenbacker amplifiers and would be happy to talk to you about repairs at 323-578-8119. However, if you need a Marshall modded or your SVT retubed, call Billy Zoom in Orange. Thanks.
Show him the shirts, Adrian.
shackleton

Post by shackleton »

You could try Roccaforte in Brea.
Got to start with one make it a 360/12.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

I've seen ads for Roccaforte. Anyone have experience with that shop?
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
shackleton

Post by shackleton »

I know him but havent been to his new shop since I dont get to that area much. He really knows his stuff but you have to make an appointment.
Got to start with one make it a 360/12.
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

I just found a guy named Kevin Nelson via a referral from a local Huntington Beach music store. I dropped my AC 30 off Wednesday evening. I received a call last night saying I could pick it up this evening. It probably would have been done yesterday evening, but I wanted a speaker jack installed so that my my speakers would no longer be hard wired(to better effect tube replacement and amp servicing), and I wanted an extension speaker jack installed. The probalem was just a broken cap in the power section(one of the connections was broken). Grand total for the repair and the mod: $65. I like it. I'll let y'all know the results after I pick it up. He also does PC board to point to point conversions, and builds his own point to point. He showed me one of his custom point to point wired heads in progress, and the layout and electronics work was quite tidily and beautifully done.
There is no reason to ever be bored.

...why yes, I suppose I do have a double bound guitar fetish...

"Uh, I like the double bounds. . . ."
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

My AC 30 sounds great, and the speaker jack mod was tidily done! I spent some time playing with the amp at volume and it sounds great. Woo Hoo!!! I've been using my CC2X, which sounds great, but I'm going to go back to my original AC30-it looks even prettier, as it's covered in grey fawn tolex, and it's a little simpler-no master volume, and no toggle switches, other than "On/Off".

Eric, if you still need to find an amp repair guy in OC, email me at sadlsore@hotmail.com. Kevin is in Westminster.

I really like the spell check feature that this forum has, btw.
There is no reason to ever be bored.

...why yes, I suppose I do have a double bound guitar fetish...

"Uh, I like the double bounds. . . ."

Return to “Rickenbacker Amplifiers”