Rickenbacker 4 x 10 cab

Tube and solidstate amplifiers made by Rickenbacker

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

ken_j
RRF Consultant

Rickenbacker 4 x 10 cab

Post by ken_j »

A friend at my local rick dealer aquired a Rickenbacker 4 x 10 cabinet a few years ago. I took a look at it and could find no model number. He says it does not have the original speakers but is loaded with P10R Jensens (If i recall correctly). It is black Tolex with silver grille cloth and the cab slants back (deeper at the bottom than the top). Does anyone know the model number, what the original speakers were, and the value of it?
"The best things in life aren't things."
blueflamerick
Advanced Member

Re: Rickenbacker 4 x 10 cab

Post by blueflamerick »

Any pictures? Could be an SG410, but the slant and silver grill cloth makes me unsure.
ken_j
RRF Consultant

Post by ken_j »

I just took one today. He has since traded it in so it is now for sale in the store.
IMG_0516-2.JPG
rkbsound
Veteran RRF member

Post by rkbsound »

What dealer has it? I've never seen one before.
ken_j
RRF Consultant

Post by ken_j »

Motor City Guitar, Waterford, MI.
blueflamerick
Advanced Member

Post by blueflamerick »

Looks like a B series cabinet that's been recovered.
libratune
Veteran RRF member

Post by libratune »

I have a cab exactly like the one pictured. It shows no signs of having been recovered.

My theory is that there was an interval in the mid-late 60s where Rick switched from the silver tolex covering to a more Fender-style black tolex and silver grille (maybe about the same time they stopped with the silver guitar cases) and produced amps with this black tolex/silver grille covering for a year or so. I have a smaller Rick amp with the black/silver thing, too, not recovered.
berth
RRF Consultant

Post by berth »

libratune wrote:I have a cab exactly like the one pictured. It shows no signs of having been recovered.

My theory is that there was an interval in the mid-late 60s where Rick switched from the silver tolex covering to a more Fender-style black tolex and silver grille (maybe about the same time they stopped with the silver guitar cases) and produced amps with this black tolex/silver grille covering for a year or so. I have a smaller Rick amp with the black/silver thing, too, not recovered.
My '74 (tube) b-115 has black tolex. What are measurements of this cab? I read somewhere that there was a "single head version" avalaible so maybe there was a loose cabinet version as well? Looking at the size this could be a cabinet which belongs to this B-serie of which my combo amp is one.

kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Post by kennyhowes »

I should call them and see if it's still there...
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

That's a B16D bottom. Only just a few were ever covered in black, most of them being covered with the silver Tolex. The black could *conceivably* be original but it's more likely it was re-covered.

Return to “Rickenbacker Amplifiers”