Transonic Sound Clips?

Tube and solidstate amplifiers made by Rickenbacker

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

lamotta77

Transonic Sound Clips?

Post by lamotta77 »

I'd love to hear your Transonic in action. Does anyone have some they'd like to share?

Thanks guys.
blueflamerick
Advanced Member

Re: Transonic Sound Clips?

Post by blueflamerick »

Here's a video clip of my playing bass through a Transonic cabinet.

I'll work on a recording using the head and it's built-in effect in February when I get all my gear shipped to my new residence.
chuck_king

Post by chuck_king »

The ultimate Transonic sound clip may be Led Zeppelin's "Heartbreaker", which if the legend is true was recorded (the main part anyway, not the solo in the middle) using a Transonic.
lamotta77

Post by lamotta77 »

blueflamerick wrote:Here's a video clip of my playing bass through a Transonic cabinet.

I'll work on a recording using the head and it's built-in effect in February when I get all my gear shipped to my new residence.
Thank you. I'd like to hear that. And thanks for the bass clip.
lamotta77

Post by lamotta77 »

chuck_king wrote:The ultimate Transonic sound clip may be Led Zeppelin's "Heartbreaker", which if the legend is true was recorded (the main part anyway, not the solo in the middle) using a Transonic.
Funny you say that actually because I contacted Dan Torres recently who was there during the recording of Heartbreaker and he acknowledged that it was indeed a Transonic. However, he also noted that much of the sound was due to the close/distance mic'ing setup and he suggested that the amp probably had several modifications done to it.

I'd like to hear what a stock Transonic sounds like though without the mods and studio magic...just an honest, SM57 right up on the grill kind of representation/demo of what it can do.

Return to “Rickenbacker Amplifiers”