Rickenbacker amp repair alert!

Tube and solidstate amplifiers made by Rickenbacker

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

tracy
Veteran RRF member

Rickenbacker amp repair alert!

Post by tracy »

Just a holler & shout to let you all know I now have two repair facilities in Southern California; one in Santa Ana and one in Hesperia. I specialize in Rickenbacker amplifier repair, tube and solid-state and still have most associated components on hand except handles, knobs and that pesky grille cloth. All inquiries welcome! (323) 578-8119
collin

Re: Rickenbacker amp repair alert!

Post by collin »

Nice Tracy, i'll keep that in mind!

Do you work on non-Ric tube amps too (Fender, Vox, Marshall etc ?)
tracy
Veteran RRF member

Post by tracy »

Any brand, not a problem, especially those made before 1980. I draw the line at pro audio and keyboards though. Mixing consoles and DX 7's can go to Paul Morte or Matt Salazar. Thanks!
jimmydeheno

Post by jimmydeheno »

Hi Tracy. I am new to the forum today. I need to find the best Fix for my Black metal box amp. It's perfect for my pedal steel in the all acoustic band I play in but it needs some TLC. My amp tech ask me to help him track down some info and I found you. What ever you info you have would be a big help. (and I realize you got to make a living). Jimmy DeHeno in Detroit
tracy
Veteran RRF member

Post by tracy »

Hi Jimmy!

Hmmmm....well, yeah, let's see here....several years ago Richard Smith lent me a Black Box and I scribbled down a roadmap of the amp, godfrey daniels now what did I do with that scrap of paper? Well, it's here somewhere. Did you need a specific piece of information, or did someone long ago try to rewire it and got lost? Let me know. I'll help where I can.
jj4001

Post by jj4001 »

Hi Tracy,

I have a Rickenbacker R25 amplifier. I'm embarrassed to say I destroyed it in a fit of stupidity by plugging another amp into what apparently is the speaker out jack in the back, underneath. I needed to test out another amp and thought I could hear it through the speaker in the R25 combo. It still powers up when I turn it on but no sound comes out now, including the pop sound it made when being turned on and off. Based on your experience, can you give me any advice on repairing this thing? Is there hope or did I single handedly make these even more rare?
blau-tex

Post by blau-tex »

Dear, Tracy, I'm chasing you about 5 month with no success. May be I will get a response at this time? Have a problem with a TR 100 and need parts. I can send you all the details, everything you need to know and you will be absolutely familiar with it but I need to know where to send the info? Highly appreciate any reply, FTTTT@xtra.co.nz. Cheers, Tex

Return to “Rickenbacker Amplifiers”