RG180

Tube and solidstate amplifiers made by Rickenbacker

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

kawalsh

RG180

Post by kawalsh »

Hi,
I just bought an RG180, made in the late 80's. It is an extremely versatile and fairly powerful amp with 2-12's, and two channels. One channel has overdrive and a really cool sweepable mid tone control, so you can boost and cut the mids where you want, and the tone controls are very sensitive. Also it is capable of combining channels and assigning the chorus and reverb to either channel or both at once. The weird thing is I can find almost no information about this amp. I'd also love to find a foot switch for it. I noticed a little more info on the RG90, apparently the same but less power. I also have a transonic and although they are 20 years apart they seem to share some tonal characteristics. Anyone have one of these, or know anything about them?
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Re: RG180

Post by jingle_jangle »

I've got an RG-90; same basic amp. Tremendous build quality and one of the best-sounding SS amps I've ever heard.

That footswitch assembly will be a tough one to find. It's got switches for all the effects plus light up status indicators, with a DIN plug to boot.

Schematics are available on the RIC corporate website.
kawalsh

Re: RG180

Post by kawalsh »

Thanks for the info, I'll look it up. I wonder if anyone custom builds these kinds of things?

Return to “Rickenbacker Amplifiers”