Line 6 Amplifiers

Tube and solidstate amplifiers made by Rickenbacker

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Halbert

Line 6 Amplifiers

Post by Halbert »

Hey there! I'm thinking about picking up a new amp. I was looking for opinions and recommendations regarding Line 6 Amps.
I haven't tried one but I'm curious. Feedback? ( I mean responses to this question, not whether the amp has problems with feelback... :P )
Halbert

Re: Line 6 Amplifiers

Post by Halbert »

There must not be many people who have tried one of these. :| Never mind anyhow because----
I auditioned a few amps today. Semi-finalists were a Fender Blues Deluxe and a Vox AC15C1. I do like the Fenders but after spending about an hour with these, an MXR compressor and a Tele, I must say that the Vox beat the pants off the Fender.
So the Vox came home with me and next Sunday will come with me to play my first gig since George H.W. Bush was in his first term. :shock:
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Hal, I wish I'd seen this thread earlier...apologies, 'cuz my work computer has been down for a couple of days.

When I first got back into guitars back in late '04, after a 35-year hiatus, it was with Rickenbacker guitars. But what to use for an amplifier? I knew nothing except classic Fenders and VOXes, and for starters I just wanted a small practice amp to fiddle around with. I knew that eventually I wanted a nice big Fender and a VOX, too, but...just a small helping first, please.

What's available? CG down the block is too loud and shifty. OK for strings...so, it's eBay.

I end up with a Line 6 Spider 1 X 12, SS. Plenty of power for home use and even small gigs, cool effects and lots of adjustment range. Only one input??? Then I realized that we were long past the time when yer average four-person group all plugged into one amp and made do.

So, I think I paid around $175 or so for the little bugger before people started telling me it was a teenybopper thrasher amp. It was a cheap, adequate, very well-made beginner's amp that led shortly on to better things. I still use it in my basement setup shop, alongside my second amp, a VOX ADT 30 watter. Would I gig it? I don't think so--I've learned a bit about what sort of "sound signature" I want, and it's anemic for that (so's the VOX...)

I think you made a great choice in your VOX, and went about it the correct way. Enjoy!
Halbert

Post by Halbert »

Thanks Paul. I am very happy with the choice I made. I also have a Line 6 floor Pod which has the same simulations as the amps do. I have also started to get kind of bored with that.
BTW, congrats on the raffle. I saw your new bass in person (its *nice* :) ) and should you decide to do anything "interesting" to it, remember to post picutres!

* and did I say it was Bush Sr.'s first term? Okay, it *seemed* like he was in there for a long time. :lol:
Last edited by Halbert on Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Thanks, Hal.

I love the bass, and it'll stay as-is for the time being.

Return to “Rickenbacker Amplifiers”