Rickenbacker EK-O-Tone A-11 (what is this?)

Tube and solidstate amplifiers made by Rickenbacker

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

fluffy
Intermediate Member

Re: Rickenbacker EK-O-Tone A-11 (what is this?)

Post by fluffy »

johnhall wrote:The dolphin people are already planning a boycott.
so long and thanks for all the fish????
♪♫♪♫I need new strings, these ones have a bunch of dang wrong notes on 'em ♫♪♫♪

http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/thesubtleties
lonkelly

Re: Rickenbacker EK-O-Tone A-11 (what is this?)

Post by lonkelly »

I'm the person who bought that Ek-O-Tone on ebay. I found the seller to be a nice guy, knowledgeable about electric guitar stuff, not a rube, and interested in getting the echo to someone who would know enough to get it working and be enough of a player to put it to use. It is working. The reason the seller didn't hear any effect was just the belt. I went through it pretty carefully and found it to have the right amount of fluid, though it was discolored. I have played through it and it was awesome (noisy though), but have it apart now. The primitive aluminum screen shielding draped over the whole thing leads me to think it's intrinsically noisy, but I have obtained the proper modern caps to see if the can cap is part of the problem. I've sketched out the circuit, though not the values for resistors and caps, and it's interesting in comparison to other Tel Ray oilcans I have schematics for. There are just two "heads" living in the oilcan itself, one read, one write. I've been looking for one of these for years, and could hardly believe my eyes when my long-running ebay search coughed up an email. I am so thankful the seller didn't accept an offer outside ebay, which would have been unethical and contrary to the ebay agreement for sellers. If people wanted to play by the rules they could have bid their $500, and the seller would have made more money. I won't tell my max bid, but it was more than $500.

Return to “Rickenbacker Amplifiers”