Fender Twin Reverb Amp

Tube and solidstate amplifiers made by Rickenbacker

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

idealassets

Re: Fender Twin Reverb Amp

Post by idealassets »

Guy,
Thank you for the encouragement. So you know someone who used only 2 fingers on the fret hand?

My pinky finger was jammed by a fast flying tennis ball where the other guy wasn't supposed to hit yet. 30% of the socket bone (closest to the fingernail) was broken loose with the tendon still connected to the broken off piece of bone. The orthopedic surgeon hopes for a near full recovery. I have the finger bent in a strange position in a splint.

It took 2 weeks to find out from 4 different just how bad the fracture was. During that time I didn't play at all based on what the first 2 doctors said.

Very soon I may go to playing with 3 fingers. I tried it a bit, and I have to think about my approach to using different fingerings. On some chords a string will be missing, and some leads will have to be re-worked.

Fortunately I do not have to rely on playing for a living.

-Craig
2007 Guild F412 Blond
2011 Rickenbacker 360/12 Maple
Dirtyclinic

Post by Dirtyclinic »

I have a Twin Reverb and I love it but I rarely get the chance to turn it up. My ideal amp would be the Deluxe Reverb. A mere 22 watts but an awesome tone that one could record with as well as play shows with. And you can turn the volume up enough to get that sweet tone without blowing away your next-door neighbors.
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

FIREGLO67 wrote:I would say that the rule of thumb for any guitarist is to get the biggest and loudest amp that you can afford.
That way you can eliminate the need to listen to your idiot drummer or plankton bass player whilst playing. :twisted:
Soundest advice I've heard all year! :lol:
larsongs

Post by larsongs »

Dirtyclinic wrote:I have a Twin Reverb and I love it but I rarely get the chance to turn it up. My ideal amp would be the Deluxe Reverb. A mere 22 watts but an awesome tone that one could record with as well as play shows with. And you can turn the volume up enough to get that sweet tone without blowing away your next-door neighbors.
I have a Fender Twin & a Deluxe Reverb. I also have a Vox AC15CC1X & for my next Amp acquisition I want a big Vox Amp. I'd love to have an NCM Custom Vox Super Beatle but will probably get an AC30CC2X or the new AC30C2X.

I think I'm on my way to having both sides of the Pond fairly well covered.

Good luck with your quest,

Glenn
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

FIREGLO67 wrote:I would say that the rule of thumb for any guitarist is to get the biggest and loudest amp that you can afford.
That way you can eliminate the need to listen to your idiot drummer or plankton bass player whilst playing. :twisted:
That is so 70's Rob. :lol:
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
scotty

Post by scotty »

I like it! :lol:
fireglo67

Post by fireglo67 »

winston wrote:
That is so 70's Rob. :lol:
Hang on, where's me flares.... :lol:
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

larsongs wrote:
Dirtyclinic wrote:I have a Twin Reverb and I love it but I rarely get the chance to turn it up. My ideal amp would be the Deluxe Reverb. A mere 22 watts but an awesome tone that one could record with as well as play shows with. And you can turn the volume up enough to get that sweet tone without blowing away your next-door neighbors.
I have a Fender Twin & a Deluxe Reverb. I also have a Vox AC15CC1X & for my next Amp acquisition I want a big Vox Amp. I'd love to have an NCM Custom Vox Super Beatle but will probably get an AC30CC2X or the new AC30C2X.

Glenn
...and you've got more than one "pond" covered as well, Glenn. NCM's licensed VOX re-creations like their Super Beatle, use new Asian-built SS Vox Valvetronix amp chassis, in newly-minted replica vintage cabinets. So, what you'll have would be a solid state VOX that looks (but sounds nothing like) a vintage Super Beatle.

Not to put down NCM's product--the quality is fantastic, especially considering price! Just don't expect vintage sound...
larsongs

Post by larsongs »

jingle_jangle wrote:
larsongs wrote:

Glenn
...and you've got more than one "pond" covered as well, Glenn. NCM's licensed VOX re-creations like their Super Beatle, use new Asian-built SS Vox Valvetronix amp chassis, in newly-minted replica vintage cabinets. So, what you'll have would be a solid state VOX that looks (but sounds nothing like) a vintage Super Beatle.

Not to put down NCM's product--the quality is fantastic, especially considering price! Just don't expect vintage sound...
I just looked at NCM' Site, doesn't look like they are making them anymore. That won't work for me I am so spoiled by Tubes can;t go back to solid State. I'll stick to Vox AC30's then. They are powerful enough for just about anything.

Thanks,

Glenn

Return to “Rickenbacker Amplifiers”