50s amp ?

Tube and solidstate amplifiers made by Rickenbacker

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Davegilmour

50s amp ?

Post by Davegilmour »

Hi I'm looking for a cool rickenbacker amp from late 50s .. Any recommendations for a good model they did?
libratune
Veteran RRF member

Re: 50s amp ?

Post by libratune »

Here are a few of my favorite Rick amp models from the late '50s:

M-9 with 12" speaker, somewhat comparable to a Tweed Deluxe. M-14-A also had a 12" speaker, but with larger cab and vibrato.

M-16 if you want louder; 4 x 10" combo.

M-12 is also cool with 2 x 12" speaker combo. (Note: There was also an M-12 model from late '30s/early '40s with single 12" speaker.)

Examples of all are on the Rickenbacker Register on this site. Find them using Advanced Search.

Starting around 1960, the amp prefixes were changed from M to B and many amps had a vibrato channel added (designated by "A" in model #).

M-9/M-14-A became B-9A and B-14/14A; M-16 became B-16/16A (in both combo and head/cab form).
Davegilmour

Post by Davegilmour »

Thanks so much Ron! I can now work out which one to look for :D
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Something spotted ... PM to be sent anon.
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Just in case someone may wonder about my last post, I spotted something in my Internet wanderings that may be of interest to Dave, but rather than post a link and/or info here in the thread - and run the risk that he won't be the first to see it and someone winds up scooping him - I PM'd him with the info so that at this point only he has it.

If it turns out that he is not interested in the item I saw, I will post a link and/or info for everyone else to see.
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca

Return to “Rickenbacker Amplifiers”