Value of RB60

Tube and solidstate amplifiers made by Rickenbacker

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

notwatt

Value of RB60

Post by notwatt »

I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this. I am very confused by this site although it's like being lost in Heaven. Anybody know how much an RB60 in decent comdition is worth? I've searched the internet and can't find out anything about them. I'd be glad to get any background you have too. Thanks. If this isn't the correct place to post this would someone direct me to the right place. Thanks again.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Re: Value of RB60

Post by doctorwho »

I posted this in the other parallel thread:
doctorwho wrote:Welcome, John, As Jeff said, this is probably in the wrong section, so don't be surprised if it gets moved.

FWIW, I paid $65 for an RG15 amp in excellent condition (no missing knobs, etc.) in 2008. IMO, yours should be worth as much as that, if not a bit more.
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
notwatt

Post by notwatt »

Hi Gary-How can I find the correct section? I couldn't find the appraisal forum.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

IIRC, the appraisal section is now an integral part of the marketplace, which you will have access to once you have accrued 30 "meaningful" posts. You will get some attention in the Amplifiers section, however, keep in mind that Rick amps are a very small part of what Rickenbacker has been about for most people, so patience is a virtue, as they say. In the meantime, get to know other sections of this great forum. :D
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

jps wrote:IIRC, the appraisal section is now an integral part of the marketplace, which you will have access to once you have accrued 30 "meaningful" posts. You will get some attention in the Amplifiers section, however, keep in mind that Rick amps are a very small part of what Rickenbacker has been about for most people, so patience is a virtue, as they say. In the meantime, get to know other sections of this great forum. :D
+1!

One thing I would add is that the trade in amps is a fraction of that for guitars and basses, so it's not like we can go to eBay and see what the last dozen sold for.
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
notwatt

Re: Value of RB60--I own a Rick bass-

Post by notwatt »

Hi-don't misunderstand-I own a '78 4001 that I've had since I was 13 but my friend inherited an RB60 and I told him I'd tried to find out about it for him. My bass has an active EMG jazz pickup. It growls.
kawalsh

Post by kawalsh »

Hi,
I bought an RG180 about a year and a half ago for $125. It is a guitar amp from the same series, and it's quite powerful. Sounds good too, and has some nice features. There is a post about it somewhere on this forum. I also got an RG 15 on ebay for basically the cost of shipping, about $40. I'd like to find an RB for my bass, judging by the other two I have it would be a great amp and since no one seems to care that much about these since they aren't tube amps, would probably be a good deal too.
kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Post by kennyhowes »

FWIW, I saw an RG60 (the guitar version) the other day for $90.

Return to “Rickenbacker Amplifiers”