Rickenbacker M-9 Amplifier

Tube and solidstate amplifiers made by Rickenbacker

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Dstoryguitars

Rickenbacker M-9 Amplifier

Post by Dstoryguitars »

Hi, I'm currently in possesion of a Rickenbacker M-9 Amplifier, I would like to how much it costs, how much you've seen it sell for, or how much you would buy it for. All for educational purposes of unraveling the mysteries of this "unknown" amplifier. By the way this amp has TONE!
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: Rickenbacker M-9 Amplifier

Post by jps »

You are only interested in the $$$ behind this amp? What else do you already know about it? Where is your store located?
Dstoryguitars

Post by Dstoryguitars »

I'm helping an old friend sell it (he runs a store in Santa Rosa, CA) and we been on an adventure trying to find the origins of the amp and another 50's Rickenbacker guitar he has (1957 Rickenbacker combo 400) I just want to get either a general idea of what some people have bought/sold/or seen it bought for or what they would pay for an amp of this rarity (theres not many of the amps and their quite rare so I've heard). Just want to see what the community opions on it.
Ontario_RIC_fan
Advanced Member

Post by Ontario_RIC_fan »

David

The register is your friend...
Amp
http://www.rickresource.com/register/in ... celebrity=

Combo 400
http://www.rickresource.com/register/in ... 37&order=5

Valuation on the 400
Sample type Min Avg Median Max Sample Size
Same model, same era: $760 $1349 $1799 $1989 5
Brian Morton
A Rickenbacker Fan
in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
=========================
67 FG 625
74 JG 4000
76 JG 430
77 JG 620
77 JG 320
79 JG 4001
80 FG 620/12
81 BG 480
91 JG 610
02 BG 620
78 TR7
83 TR25
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

David: When you get a moment please describe the tone. Better yet, provide a link to some brief recordings. :)
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
Dstoryguitars

Post by Dstoryguitars »

Later today or tommorow I'll post audio along with pictures. For now I'll describe the tone. It has a nice balanced EQ, and it can get nice and bassy (it has a 15" Jensen Concert Speaker, Original). It starts to break up at 12 yet if you strum lightly it will sound perfectly clean. Which humbuckers at 3 its got nice overdrive. :D
It has a master tone knob which also controls how your turn on the amp, you turn the knob to the right, the amp turns on and from there if you turn it to the right it dullens the tone or if you keep it all the way to the left without turning the amp off, you get the full open tone. (you have to turn the knob hard to the left to turn it off).
If you don't already know from the registery, it has one tone knob, 2 volume (these are for the four inputs) and four inputs. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Thanks for that great description, David. 8)
Dstoryguitars

Post by Dstoryguitars »

Sorry I haven't been able to post any audio, I've been very busy lately. Also always if anyone has any information on this amp if they could please post it. Also I will see if I can get some audio of the amp up later on this week.

Return to “Rickenbacker Amplifiers”