Saddles

Tube and solidstate amplifiers made by Rickenbacker

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Aclempoppi

Saddles

Post by Aclempoppi »

Just wanted to get an opinion,from you folks. Do you folks think the 12 saddle replacement bridge is a good idea? I've got a 2012 360 12 string. Noticed some intonation imbalance on the lower strings. Might be using the guitar for some older Blues and Jazz pieces in a band. I know that doesn't follow the usual scheme, but I've found the guy works well with a slide and can provide some tasteful fills. At lower-medium volumes(through mid'60 fender tube amps) it's fine. But push it up, and the tuning(pitch) becomes more apparent. Not at a place where I can change amps or afford a ES335. Thanks for any feedback!!! Art... Bummer!!! wrong board!!!
kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Re: Saddles

Post by kennyhowes »

What kind of strings are you using?
clementc3

Post by clementc3 »

Thoughts pro & con the 12 saddle bridge are pretty well summarized here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=378179
Folkie
Advanced Member

Post by Folkie »

Arthur,

I think Todd is right on the mark in that previous thread. A 12-saddle bridge will help you with intonation, but not tuning problems. I've had some noticeable intonation problems on my 330/12 (with the 6-saddle bridge), but nothing that a proper intonation tweak with a strobe tuner didn't get rid of. I also had a problem fretting the strings too hard and bending them against the frets, but once I began to apply a lighter touch, that problem went away. As for the tone difference between the 6-saddle and the 12-saddle bridge, John Hall himself has gone on the record here saying that the 12-saddle bridges do bring out the treble frequencies. I love the sound of my 360/12 with the 12-saddle. 8)

Robert
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Maybe you'll get more responses NOT posting this in the Amplifiers section :?:

Return to “Rickenbacker Amplifiers”