Spanish Vibrola Amplifier

Tube and solidstate amplifiers made by Rickenbacker

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

lemonfresh

Spanish Vibrola Amplifier

Post by lemonfresh »

Hello. I have one of the amplifiers that was sold with the spanish vibrola in the late 30's. from what i can ( or can't ) find, this is one of the rarest amps of all time. The amp is in slightly rough cosmetic condition but it works excellent and has been completely gone through by bob dixon at amp hole. this is a holy grail type piece especially if you have the vibrola guitar to match. the combo just doesnt seem to exist anywhere. i also have the mounting arm that came with the amp that the guitar attatched to. i would love to reunite this amp with a vibrola guitar to restore the historical value. it is truely a museum piece. i would love to find the right collector who will appreciate this baby for what it is. after all, this is the very beginnings of the electric guitar.

i am uncertain of what this amp would be worth since it is so scarce. does anyone have any ideas. to the right collector i am sure it could go for big $. it seems to me that it would be equally as valuable as the guitar itself. i just can't find anything about it. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks !!
8mileshigh

Re: Spanish Vibrola Amplifier

Post by 8mileshigh »

Sounds great Craig! I have one of these - but missing the arm :oops:
I don't suppose you want to sell just the arm? :D
lemonfresh

Post by lemonfresh »

Hey there. I am glad to hear that there is another one of these out there. I seriously can't find any current pictures of one on the Internet. Unfortunately I do not want to part with the arm and would like to keep these together. I am pretty sure you already knew I was going to say that. :-) .

Anyways, I would love to see some pics of your amp to compare with mine. Is yours working? The tolex on mine is in fairly rough shape as well as the handle. All still there though. Nothing is missing. Do you happen to have any idea of what these are worth? I can't find any info. I figured this would be the best place to find somebody who would know.

Pop some pics up if you get a sec !

Thanks for the reply

Craig
lemonfresh

Post by lemonfresh »

here is a pic of the amp i have. any info on this thing would be greatly appreciated !
Attachments
spanish vibrola amplifier
spanish vibrola amplifier
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for this photo Craig.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
lemonfresh

Post by lemonfresh »

hey everybody ! the amp is currently up on ebay. i am trying to reunite it with somebody who has a spanish vibrola. take a look if you get a sec. thanks.

craig

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111083783644?ss ... 1555.l2649

Return to “Rickenbacker Amplifiers”