TRANSONIC 200 STAND

Tube and solidstate amplifiers made by Rickenbacker

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

TRANSONIC 200 STAND

Postby (petermdowd) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:21 pm

Anybody have a lead on where you could find a stand for a Transonic 200? Either an original or maybe somebody who makes them. Already tried North Coast and they said no. Thanks!
(petermdowd)

Re: TRANSONIC 200 STAND

Postby (collin) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:22 pm

Welcome to the forum, Peter. I'm sure the old "never say never" rule applies.... but this will be a nearly-impossible item to find that isn't already attached to another Transonic.

A Transonic 200 is obviously a rare amp, and the chances that somebody has a spare stand (and knows what it's for) are slim.

If I were in your position, I'd have one custom-made to original specs. If you need measurements, I'd be happy to provide any details needed. Perhaps North Coast could custom-build one, based on specs?
(collin)

Postby (libratune) » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:52 pm

You may want to contact Bob Rissi, who I believe restores Transonic amps. He restored one for forum member Bob Krizek and may have some helpful information. See: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=411860&p=829468&hilit=rissi#p829468

Here's Bob Rissi's website. He designed the Transonic amp while at RIC: http://www.rissonamplifiers.com/bob-ris ... kenbacker/
(libratune)
Veteran RRF member

Postby (collin) » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:22 am

Bob just did some service work on my Transonic 200 (recently sold to a forum member though). Bob has some odds and ends for these amps, but mostly stuff like capacitors and knobs, not cosmetic items or big things like trolley stands.

However, he may have some kind of factory blueprints that can be used to build one from scratch.
(collin)

Return to Rickenbacker Amplifiers