Rickenbacker Transonic schematics

Tube and solidstate amplifiers made by Rickenbacker

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

anonymous

Rickenbacker Transonic schematics

Post by anonymous »

I have a Transonic 200 head that was working fine, got loaned out and now doesn't work. I can't find a schematic for it and there are some transistors that are not labeled, so repair has come to a dead end. Anyone have schematics or ideas?
anonymous

Post by anonymous »

I have original output transistors for Transonics, maybe some others. The people at Rickenbacker are usually very helpful in supplying schematics for these amps. It shouldn't be difficult to find the part numbers from the print.
anonymous

Post by anonymous »

Rickenbacker does not have these schematics. Anyone else have one?
risson

Post by risson »

Hi my name is Bob Rissi

I designed all of the Rickenbacker Transonic amplifiers. I can repair any transonic amplifier or help you with circuit information.
I still have original parts for Rickenbacker
Transonic series.
email: norcraftco@earthlink.net
I just found out about this location.

I am just now getting back into designing amplifiers after more than 20 years in computer consulting.
My web site is
www.rissonamplifiers.com
Hired by Leo Fender in 1960, Named Director Rickenbacker Amps 1967, Formed Risson Amps 1970 to 1984, Now Building & restoring Vintage tube amps. www.rissonamplifiers.com email rissonamplifiers@att.net phone 714-743-9111
Bob
rictified

Post by rictified »

Hey Risson,
I saw Led Zeppelin in Boston in 1969 with your amps, sounded great.
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

Geordan, I don't know who you spoke to but we certainly DO have schematics for these. They are not posted on our website, as I mentioned in another post, due to the size of the drawings along with the very low demand for this schematic.
upstairsdave

Post by upstairsdave »

Does anyone have a instruction manual for the TR35B Bass amp? How about a service manual? Any information on dating using the serial number. The serial number is 005849.
Thanks, Dave
Keep on keepin' on
upstairsdave

Post by upstairsdave »

Does anyone have a instruction manual for the TR35B Bass amp? How about a service manual? Any information on dating using the serial number. The serial number is 005849.
Thanks, Dave
Keep on keepin' on
ronzie

Post by ronzie »

Looking for fuse caps for 1979 model TR100 amp.
Please contact me if you have them or know where to get them. Thanks
r.cohler@comcast.net
leftyguitars
Advanced Member

Post by leftyguitars »

>>> Does anyone have a instruction manual for the TR35B Bass amp?

David, I can supply an instant condensed instruction manual.....

1, Plug it it to wall socket.
2, Turn it on.
3, Plug bass in.
4, Twist knobs to taste.
5, Twang strings as required.
"If only quilted maple grew on trees!"
http://www.leftyguitars.co.uk
CapeCanaveralGal

Re: Rickenbacker Transonic schematics

Post by CapeCanaveralGal »

I need some interpretation help! Please, post your response here, because I'm apparently not the only one unsure what the "labels" on the face of the TR75 (an other higher end TRs) mean/do. I have a nice TR7 and its very straight forward and simple (it has knobs for distortion, bass, treble, depth and speed). I needed more wattage and found this TR75 on e-Bay but it's rather confusing. After searching vainly thru WWW & forums, I realized I needed to ask for help here.

So, across the face of the TR75, from right to left are upper and lower inputs (number 1 and 2), then the following knobs: volume (duh - I know this one), bass, treble, and effects (huh?, there is an input in the back for effects in/out - is this what that knob controls?); then, there's an input for "stereo," (I have no idea about this...can a single guitar go into the stereo in? If so, does that give me access to the knobs (esp. "effects" and "presence") on both sides of this input?) anyway, to continue my recitation...from the stereo input, there are another set of upper and lower inputs (numbered 1 & 2), then another row of knobs: distort (which tends to reduce the volume but still has that Ricky growl I love so much), bass (another, presumably for inputs on this (left) side of the amp), "mid" (?), treble (another,again presumably for inputs on this (left) side), then there's a knob labeled "presence" (this one's a real mystery to me...is this for reverb??), then there's another volume knob and the toggle for on (which has 2 positions, does this mean only one speaker is active if its on in that direction? Obviously, I'm cyphering some of the more obvious ones, but it would really be nice to have someone familiar with this amp clue me in. There's 2 pre amp in/outs on the back and I really don't know how to use these, but it'd be great to get the depth and speed effects off my TR7 through this amp (as well as some of the effects off my little VOX or Roland). I found a footswitch pedal on e-Bay with 2 switches on it, would this enable switching between the pre amps?? Do the inputs upper and lower do different things?? There's no manuals for these things to be found anywhere, so this would probably be the next best thing if these questions get answered here. Any help out there in Ricky land?? Thanks ya'll!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Rickenbacker Transonic schematics

Post by admin »

Raylene: You have a two channel solid-state amplifier, one clean and one with distortion capability. It has a stereo input capability and an effects loop (on the back panel) which will allow you to use an effects panel. Each channel has two inputs. You can find a schematic for the reverb model of this amplifier through the RIC site. I hope this brief description is helpful.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277

Return to “Rickenbacker Amplifiers”