carrie_reyes

Post by carrie_reyes »

EVERY POST? Ok I guess

I like BIG DOGS ...poodles? Fugly

Ratso, I heard of you on the BGC forum...cheeky LOL
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Carrie: Most browsers will allow you to save password information so that you don't have to enter it each time.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
jwr2

Post by jwr2 »

the Animals are major cool ... a very influential band ...
iamthebassman
Veteran RRF member

Post by iamthebassman »

I love The Animals and Chas's bass playing and tone. I have a '66 Gibson EB-2 and reissue Epi Rivoli. They sound and play great and I love playing the intro to "We Gotta Get Outta This Place". Chas's Rivoli was on ebay about a year ago, went relatively cheap.
Also gotta love Paul Samwell-Smith, especially when he'd shoot up the neck during the "rave-ups".
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" Austin Music Poll 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010
rictified

Post by rictified »

'It's my Life' was a seminal point in a young bass players life many many many years ago. I loved that line and still do to this day, what a sound he had. ba boom, ba boom, ba boom ba boom ba boom, haha! That has to be one of the hookiest bass lines in all of rock n roll.
Petrified Bob
mgauction
Advanced Member

Post by mgauction »

Carrie, that Epiphone Rivoli was offered on ebay exactly a year ago. I was at the Dallas Guitar show and a friend of mine showed me several photos in the newest Hendrix book of Chas Chandler playing an EB2. The bass came with a LOA from Chas stating he used it in '64 to record and to play live. Obviously, I was perplexed and it scared me off the bidding, as I was prepared to go the distance and really pay a lot! It was actually relieving as I had fretted over it and made my friends miserable with my plight.

Fast Forward --

A few months ago I saw an old cheesy film (pre-videos) of The Animals walking through an old house singing "House" and there was Chas playing the Rivoli. Ooooohhhhhh!

It still hurts.
Leprosy is rare & scarce but nobody wants that!
ratso

Post by ratso »

Mike,
Mike Guthrie just sold that bass to Greg Feo a few weeks ago!
mgauction
Advanced Member

Post by mgauction »

I wonder what it went for, Ron? My guess is that he might have got a pretty good trade for it with Greg's arsenal of Hofners.

carrie_reyes

Post by carrie_reyes »

Ron, Lucky Man (GF). I take it you know the buyer & the seller Ratso?
We watched the auction. What a piece of History! I would almost be afraid to play it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'll have to get out more often. I have never noticed a Hofner bass with a blue finish before.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
iamthebassman
Veteran RRF member

Post by iamthebassman »

This is a photo from the ebay listing.
mgauction
Advanced Member

Post by mgauction »

Yeah, Peter. They are a limited issue of some kind. I don't remember from when, they just popped up.
rictified

Post by rictified »

I think the blue ones are fairly recent, I've seen them before and I don't know my Hofners at all, evidently Greg does though, haha!
I've seen Chas with cherry EB-2's more often though than with Rivoli's. EB-2's were later in his career I would imagine, I owned one, they're really nice basses.
iamthebassman
Veteran RRF member

Post by iamthebassman »

Here's my EB-2
mgauction
Advanced Member

Post by mgauction »

Very nice, Ronn! I've seen your site before. I thought you are left handed?

Return to “Creatures”