How many ANIMALS fans HERE?

Pet stories & photos

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

iamthebassman
Veteran RRF member

Post by iamthebassman »

I am. My basses are strung righty, with the E string on the bottom. I have a few righties that have symmetrical bodies so they don't look (too)stupid upside-down.
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" Austin Music Poll 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010
mgauction
Advanced Member

Post by mgauction »

Ah, the Jimi Hendrix trick!
Leprosy is rare & scarce but nobody wants that!
iamthebassman
Veteran RRF member

Post by iamthebassman »

rictified

Post by rictified »

Those are beautiful basses.
iamthebassman
Veteran RRF member

Post by iamthebassman »

One more. Here's Peter Noone(Herman's Hermits) signing my Epiphone Rivoli. It's like Karl Green's, their 60s bassist. When he saw it Peter said "Oh, an old EpEEphone".
jaybic

Post by jaybic »

I am a huge Animals fan. We play "Gotta Get Out of this Place" whenever we play. There's always at least one person in the crowd that says, "The ANIMALS!! You guys rock!" Big crowd pleaser
rictified

Post by rictified »

I've played that song many times in many different situations.
rictified

Post by rictified »

I watched PBS for a little while tonight, was a fundraiser with 60's bands on, among them was Eric Burden and the Animals. They played 'We Gotta get outta this place' and House of the Rising Sun' He was great and still has it. The bass player played a jetglo 4001/3 not sure which. I hope they come around boston, I'd love to see them.
mgauction
Advanced Member

Post by mgauction »

Bob, I was at that concert! It was in Cerritos, Ca. about 6 months ago. I went with two other buddies I grew up with in Long Beach, Ca. I had seen Eric about a year earlier. Because it was being taped for a PBS show (which I also saw) he performed EXTRA good! The bass player, Dave Meros, plays a dark blue 4001, which is refinished. He bought it in a pawn shop, all beat up, refinished it, something like a dark azureglo and has a gold pickguard. The whole thing is a 'Frankenbacker.'

Also, I am looking at Chas Chandler's Epiphone Rivoli, which comes with a full letter of authenticity from Chas, this weekend and trying to make a deal for it. You can see it in the "House Of The Rising Sun" video/film. I'm sure you've seen it, since we are both the same age. It has passed me twice, so if it dosen't happen this time then it was never-to-be. Thought this would interest you. I'll take som pics too!
rictified

Post by rictified »

Yeah I saw the Epi when they were flashing back and forth, great sounding bass. I noticed the pickguard of the Ric too.
Is Dave Meros his full time bass player? Isn't he well known in his own right? I have seen his name thrown around here, I think someone here owns one of his old rics. What I would give to play with him, he's one of the all time greats.
mgauction
Advanced Member

Post by mgauction »

...and a nice guy too! He does all the show bookings for Eric and has done it for over 10 or 15 years now. He's fairly well known in the States. Sometimes plays with another band, but Eric is his main gig.
rictified

Post by rictified »

What a gig, playing with a legend.
mgauction
Advanced Member

Post by mgauction »

Went to Greg's house this weekend and got to play Chas. Chandlers Rivoli. Wasn't as heavy as I expected and has a thundering booooom to the bottom.
rictified

Post by rictified »

They are playing here in Boston at the Halfshell in June, I have a gig that night though, grrr!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hey Bob, "You gotta get out of that place."
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277

Return to “Creatures”