How many ANIMALS fans HERE?

Pet stories & photos

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

carrie_reyes

How many ANIMALS fans HERE?

Post by carrie_reyes »

Saw a Chas Chandler Bass for sale recently on EBAY ..the seller has tons of cool Beatles pics ,probably old news here.
Great 64 Rivoli Bass..lots of Mojo ..Mike Guthrie sold I think...
"PLEASE DON'T LET ME BE.... MISUNDERSTOOD"
Just wondering...maybe a website ..or I could google I guess.
rictified

Post by rictified »

I saw The Animals in 1977, all the original band members including Chas Chandler. I've loved them since I first heard House of the Rising Sun in 1964 or what ever year it came out. Boom Boom and I'm Crying are two of my favorites but they had so many great songs it's hard to pick favorites, Eric Burden is one of the greatest singers around, he doesn't get his due.
carrie_reyes

Post by carrie_reyes »

1963, HOTRS came out...

No Doubt BOB!
rictified

Post by rictified »

Maybe, but it was a hit here in Ma. after the Beatles came out in early 64 that I know, probably summer of 64. I meant came out on the radio.

http://members.aol.com/TheAnimalsSite/discography.html

6/64

This is a good website for their discography.
rictified

Post by rictified »

actually 8/64 in the US.
carrie_reyes

Post by carrie_reyes »

Concerning that Bass of Mike Guthries, a 64, was or was not used on that recording then? Thank you for the site sir!
CR
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Alan Price is 63 years old today.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
rictified

Post by rictified »

Sir? haha! I'm not that old miss. If it wasn't used on that song it may have been used on some of their earlier stuff, I am sure he had many basses. I have also seen him with Gibson EB-2's, which are very similar.
There is a current Eric Burdon site also, I don't have it handy, if I find it again I'll put it in.
carrie_reyes

Post by carrie_reyes »

Sorry ..I was trying o be polite,
rictified

Post by rictified »

haha! thats ok my young lass. thank you, I'm 52 but act like I'm 22. I think music keeps you young.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes and that's why Bob uses the youthful handle or Rictified. As in "Rictified" wood.

With regard to House of The Rising Sun, if I recall correctly 4 minutes and 11 seconds, the song was the longest one recorded at that time. Most were just slightly over or under 2 minutes. Many thought the song too long to play on the radio and it would not be a hit. Famous last words.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
carrie_reyes

Post by carrie_reyes »

You're cool in my book ..do you look like? Tyrone Power , Carey Grant , or George Martin?

Thanks for your help ? Do you have any Hofners..yourself or Gibsons?
Or just Rickenbackers?
carrie_reyes

Post by carrie_reyes »

Peter, Why do I have to log in with name & password each post?
If I want to stay logged in ...what up?It is a bit redundant to post 10 times and log in ten times .
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

You're not actually logging in, Carrie - you are just confirming the identity of the poster. In case you leave your computer to get a fresh glass of vintage Bollinger or Krug, your poodle can't leave a nasty message on the forum (it could on the keyboard, however!!).

BTW, I'm a Eric and Animals fan - perhaps that's why I'm always misunderstood!!
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
ratso

Post by ratso »

Count me in as one of those Animal fans!

Return to “Creatures”