.... has an evil side.
.... has an evil side.
qweequake-young_old.jpg
they grow up so fast.... :cry:
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Re: PET PIX!!!

Post by cheyenne »

Haley wishing my neighbor a happy birthday.
Birthday Haley.jpg
"Knowledge is Power"
nukebass
Veteran RRF member

Post by nukebass »

Tony, it looks like we have a bass and a cat in common. :)

P1010040(1)(1)(1).JPG
collin

Post by collin »

Here's my contributions.

This is Sally. He's not too into Rickenbackers, but he loves a plush case. :wink:

....and this lazy chocolate lump is Marley (man, my dogs love laying around! ).

ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

nukebass wrote:Tony, it looks like we have a bass and a cat in common. :)

P1010040(1)(1)(1).JPG
Too funny Ryan!

You are obviously a man of good taste!
wayang

Post by wayang »

First, let me say: nice thread, Kent! Cool to see everyone's 'companions'...
Here's a photo of us with the late, great Jasmine, Merisa's cat who was rescued from life as a stray on a Marine airbase outside San Diego. This was taken during her last trip out to California. She died in our arms, at the age of 18, in our back yard a few months later...
Jasmine1.JPG
In her last month of life, which was tough on us all, we were presented with a surprise...a stray cat down in Co. Springs had wandered into our Balinese music teacher's garage and given birth to six kittens. To Made, these things were wild animals in his house and he had no idea what to do with them...so he gave one to his neighbor and brought the rest to a gamelan rehearsal in a bird cage, which he handed over to us. We raised them in the bathroom while Jasmine was fading away...
Kittens1_C.JPG
We kept the orange 'alpha' male on the left and the little blue/cream tortoise shell female in the middle, and found homes for the two cream brothers and the other female, who as this pic displays was always a bit of a 'loner'.
Last edited by wayang on Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I didn't get where I am today by being on time...
wayang

Post by wayang »

So here they are...we pay the mortgage, but they live here. This is when they were about a year old. We named the boy 'Wiranata', after the hero of a Southeast Asian folk tale, and the little girl (the runt of the litter) 'Spider':
Snoozers_C.JPG
Here's on of my favorite shots of them at that age:
Katz_Portrait1_C.JPG
Here's Spider thinking about making a pledge to PBS:
Spider_TV.jpg
wayang

Post by wayang »

So life has been pretty hilarious with these two. Here are last year's Halloween costumes:
"Lil Devil":
LilDevil1_C.JPG
LilDevil2_C.JPG
...and "Bumbleboy":
BumbleBoy1_C.JPG
Bumbleboy3_C.JPG
wayang

Post by wayang »

Last Christmas:
Santa:
Santa1_C.JPG
and a reindeer:
Reindeer1_C.JPG
brammy

Post by brammy »

Cute puddytats, Dane! Sometimes our cats pick us.

Qweequake (an alternate spelling of the harpoonist from Moby Dick) was born at a breeder in New Zealand. Soon before he was to be sent to me I got an email saying that he'd jumped off the couch, broken something, and now was crippled. I was offered the pick of any other litter but I stuck with him and had to way another 5 weeks while he healed. I've never regretted the decision because he's my #1 fave rave cat of all time. He's definitely one of those "one-person" cats... totally devoted to me, but somewhat indifferent to everyone else. To this day his kittenhood injury remains a mystery and nowadays he's athletic as can be.
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

I had three lifelong cat companions in my previous lives who would let me do pretty much as I pleased with them (yes, even dress them up in halloween costumes). We had a very special connection and I never considered that I might one day become a dog person. But since I got Tripper, he has topped every other familiar of any description on two legs or four in terms of affection, loyalty, amusement, beauty, courage, you name it. I wouldn't mind having another feline pal but Tripper would absolutely put his paw down on that, I'm sure. It would be WWIII because he hates cats (and meeces) to pieces. In fact he hates any kind of critters at all except people, and considers it his job to get rid of anything in my proximity that doesn't look human. Size is no object - he bullies the big dogs without mercy and they all buy his seven pound bill of goods. Unbelievable how he's got pit bulls, shepherds, and the like all tiptoeing around him. :roll: :lol: Here he is with one of his few dog friends, Bailey. Notice how she takes the submissive pose when they play.

All I wanna do is rock!
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Post by gibsonlp »

This is Bisli, she was our cat for a week.
She adopted us one day, the problem is that our dog tends to like cats in the mealy way... we couldn't really keep her so we found her a new house.
Bisli is a name of a snack here in Israel, "bis" means bite and li means for me, basically we called her that way as she was a walking treat for our dog :(

She was amazing.

P.S - the new owner called 2 days after she got her and it terns out it's a he and not a she, for us - she'll stay a she :)
Attachments
bisli.jpg
So long and thanks for all the fish!
brammy

Post by brammy »

VERY cute!
schoolside

Post by schoolside »

Here's Cooper :)
Attachments