Time to Let The Cat Outta The Bag...

Pet stories & photos

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Really!
Since Diane and I acquired Cheyenne, our tortoise shell kitten, we've been frequenting the cat section of pet stores as well as the bird sections.
In this one particular pet store, there is a cat rescue. There was always this one 7 year old cream tabby that was always there. They said people wanted younger cats. All the younger rescued cats would find homes except this one...but this one was always the nicest cat by far! So last week, Diane and I asked to hold him and see how he really is. He was the nicest cat I've ever seen since the kitten that I grabbed off an IRT subway train in The Bronx, many years ago. We went home and thought about it. By Saturday, we couldn't take it anymore and went to get him.
The new guy...in the bag.
The new guy...in the bag.
Not sure what I'll name him yet. We don't like the name he had. I won't say what his name is in case it's the name of anyone who reads this, but his name sounds like someone in debt.
I'd like to give him an Italian name. Of course, Figaro is high on the list. Other names we're thinking of are; Angelo, Gino,Bruno, Nunzio (Nunz for short), Gianni and Pasquale. But though Casey is not an Italian name, that's what I named the kitten I found on the train so long ago, that my ex wife gave away! With the subtle striping on this cream tabby, he looks like a nicely figured mapleglo 4004Cii! No, I ain't naming him Laredo!
I have to take better pictures of him this weekend. He's a big cat but not fat.
CT2.jpg
Unfortunately, Cheyenne is not too thrilled about the newcomer. She's not even 6 months old yet, but she's a little firecracker who hasn't exactly given the new guy a warm welcome, though he's tried to be nice to her.
Cheyenne cat tree2.jpg
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Re: Time to Let The Cat Outta The Bag...

Post by kiramdear »

They'll work something out once Cheyenne realizes that her food bowl will continue to be filled for her. Her desire for a play partner will override her jealousy in short order, I bet. :)

I'd call him Vito. 8)
All I wanna do is rock!
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Congrats Joey and Diane...........what a great story.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
beatbyrd
Intermediate Member

Post by beatbyrd »

In order to maintain balance in the universe, you need to name him something that rhymes with "Joey".
It's a Byrd, it's a playin'..........

'73 4001 MG
'09 360/12 FG
'10 360/6 FG
elreydlp
Intermediate Member

Post by elreydlp »

Good for you Joey! I just buried my 17-year old adopted (as a kitten) stray, Maddie. Broke my heart, and he was my wifes cat. We have a 3-year old; Christmas (Chrissie) who adopted ME. I hope she out-lives me!
scotty

Post by scotty »

Great story Joey congrats on Bagpuss!
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Joey & Diane
Congrats on the newest family member !! :D
(BTW - We've got our name in with a local Schnauzer rescue ... one is not enough !)
wj350
Advanced Member

Post by wj350 »

Congrats!!! Love these new family stories!!
"Let me take you down...'cause I'm going to...."
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Cool cat! Congrats on the new family member. I suspect Kira's right, once Cheyenne gets over the initial shock of no longer being an "only" cat, they'll be playing like old friends. It may take a month or two though.

And, your birds better watch out, now the cats can gang up on 'em...
:lol:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
BuddyDog
Intermediate Member

Post by BuddyDog »

That cat looks like a flamey 381 Maple-Glo!

Welcome home to the new cat.
2009 360/6 Fire-Glo 2009 360/12C63 FG 1975 4001 White/BT
Chords mangled, no waiting!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

scotty wrote:Great story Joey congrats on Bagpuss!
How does that rhyme with Joey? :lol:
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Thanks everyone. We're just making sure these two fur balls can get along and we keep him before he rename him. I think we did get a little progress this morning. Today is a week that we have him. It would break our hearts to have to give him back. Diane took him to the vet yesterday for a check up. They know the lady who runs the rescue. Everyone there loved him and told Diane that if we couldn't keep him, they wanted him. He's just that friendly and lovable. He didn't even give the vet a hard time.
Kira: Vito is a consideration, I just didn't type out all the names we're thinking about.
Skip: sorry about your cat. We almost lost one of our parrots a few years ago. We got lucky that she recovered.
CJ: Funny, one of the times that Cheyenne hissed at the new cat, was when he went to go check out the birds. They've each given her a couple of good nips and now she just hangs out with with them, not swiping at them.
Steve: Yeah, the new cat does look like a flamey Mapleglo Rick, especially on his legs and tail.
Rich, looking forward to seeing you get another Schnauzer. The one you have is a great dog!
Tom: Funny you should say that. Sometimes I call Cheyenne and Diane thinks I'd called her! :lol:
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

Cool looking cat! Sounds like he has a great personality. Congratulations! :)
There is no reason to ever be bored.

...why yes, I suppose I do have a double bound guitar fetish...

"Uh, I like the double bounds. . . ."
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

rickenbrother wrote:Tom: Funny you should say that. Sometimes I call Cheyenne and Diane thinks I'd called her! :lol:
I'll just keep quiet, here. :twisted:
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

jps wrote:
rickenbrother wrote:Tom: Funny you should say that. Sometimes I call Cheyenne and Diane thinks I'd called her! :lol:
I'll just keep quiet, here. :twisted:
HA!
This coming from the guy who has his wife listed as his pet! :lol:
jps prof.jpg

Return to “Creatures”