Welcome To Pet Sounds

Pet stories & photos

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

Welcome To Pet Sounds

Postby (admin) » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:33 am

Welcome to Pet Sounds, the newest kid on the block.

To all of those who have suggested this forum, please accept my apology for the delay. We will slowly move over threads that are appropriated for this forum as time permits.

In the meantime, please enjoy this space and fill it with photos and anecdotes of your pets.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
User avatar
(admin)
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14910
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2000 5:00 am
Location: Fredericton, NB Canada

Re: Welcome To Pet Sounds

Postby (electrofaro) » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:29 am

Is this the forum about Ivan, or rather the Beach Boys?

The Beach Boys are going on tour in 2012! Well, that's something I got to go to! :mrgreen:
I'm currently petless :cry:
Rickie '98 360 MG "HB+" // Gibbie '09 LP Jr TB // Gibbie '14 ES-355 Bigsby HCS
User avatar
(electrofaro)
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3571
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:25 pm
Location: :noitacoL

Re: Welcome To Pet Sounds

Postby (admin) » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:40 am

And perhaps Beachless too Werner? :lol:
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
User avatar
(admin)
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14910
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2000 5:00 am
Location: Fredericton, NB Canada

Re: Welcome To Pet Sounds

Postby (cjj) » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:12 pm

Sounds like a nice addition since so many of us have four, six, and even 8 legged friends (hey, I had a pet tarantula when I was a kid! :lol: )...
8)
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
User avatar
(cjj)
RRF Moderator
 
Posts: 10849
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:17 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: Welcome To Pet Sounds

Postby (rickenbrother) » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:07 pm

AT first I thought this was going to be a Beach Boys section!
Pets Sound, eh? Oh I can't wait to post a recording of one of Pirates screams! Theat will be a Pet Sound for yous guys! :lol: The 'ol bird just turned 28 this week. He's still a youngster. :)
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
User avatar
(rickenbrother)
RRF Moderator
 
Posts: 12958
Joined: Sun May 26, 2002 5:00 am
Location: Between a hammer and an anvil...

Re: Welcome To Pet Sounds

Postby (winston) » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:15 pm

admin wrote:And perhaps Beachless too Werner? :lol:


Werner must have a few canals where he is though............and I don't mean root canals. :lol:
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
User avatar
(winston)
Membership Admin
 
Posts: 11010
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:00 am
Location: British Columbia Canada

Re: Welcome To Pet Sounds

Postby (electrofaro) » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:17 pm

Beaches are horribly sandy places... canals are wet... I like either!

I remembered a thread that might be moved here: http://www.rickresource.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=390369
Rickie '98 360 MG "HB+" // Gibbie '09 LP Jr TB // Gibbie '14 ES-355 Bigsby HCS
User avatar
(electrofaro)
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3571
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:25 pm
Location: :noitacoL

Re: Welcome To Pet Sounds

Postby (cjj) » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:29 pm

Wildberry wrote:I remembered a thread that might be moved here: http://www.rickresource.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=390369

Done!
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
User avatar
(cjj)
RRF Moderator
 
Posts: 10849
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:17 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: Welcome To Pet Sounds

Postby (Ivan3000) » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:52 pm

YEAH! IT TOTALLY HAPPENED! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Great New area to the forum!
Here is a picture of Fruitbat, my Corgi:
(Ivan3000)
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 2392
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:53 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Welcome To Pet Sounds

Postby (egosheep) » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:12 pm

Not to be a party pooper, but isn't this a bit much? I mean, this is a Rickenbacker forum. I understand there a lot of subforums here, but they at least cover music or instruments in some way.
Great Ramp In My Opinion.
(egosheep)
Intermediate Member
 
Posts: 1258
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:29 pm
Location: Atlanta, Ga.

Re: Welcome To Pet Sounds

Postby (antipodean) » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:32 pm

IvanMunoz wrote:YEAH! IT TOTALLY HAPPENED! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Great New area to the forum!
Here is a picture of Fruitbat, my Corgi:

What a handsome, noble beast you have there Ivan.

Griffin is very excited to see another Corgi on the forum, but he has an important question: does Fruitbat have a tail?
"I don't want to sound incredulous but I can't believe it" Rex Mossop
User avatar
(antipodean)
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3182
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:27 am
Location: Sydney's North

Re: Welcome To Pet Sounds

Postby (rickenbrother) » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:19 pm

egosheep wrote:Not to be a party pooper, but isn't this a bit much? I mean, this is a Rickenbacker forum. I understand there a lot of subforums here, but they at least cover music or instruments in some way.

Well, is is all the way down at the bottom of the list. You're right, pets basically have nothing to do with music. However for many people, pets have the same effects as music, which include happiness and stress relief. This sub forum was a surprise to me. But I like it.
It could also be the most peaceful section of the RRF.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
User avatar
(rickenbrother)
RRF Moderator
 
Posts: 12958
Joined: Sun May 26, 2002 5:00 am
Location: Between a hammer and an anvil...

Re: Welcome To Pet Sounds

Postby (cjj) » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:26 pm

rickenbrother wrote:
egosheep wrote:Not to be a party pooper, but isn't this a bit much? I mean, this is a Rickenbacker forum. I understand there a lot of subforums here, but they at least cover music or instruments in some way.

Well, is is all the way down at the bottom of the list. You're right, pets basically have nothing to do with music. However for many people, pets have the same effects as music, which include happiness and stress relief. This sub forum was a surprise to me. But I like it.
It could also be the most peaceful section of the RRF.

+1!
Yes, the things we love tend to be what makes life worth living. And yeah, pets don't know a Rick from anything else. But they give us joy and love, which is all that really counts when you get down to it. So hey, I'm all for it. Without music, life would be far less than what it is, and without pets, it would be even further down...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
User avatar
(cjj)
RRF Moderator
 
Posts: 10849
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:17 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: Welcome To Pet Sounds

Postby (rickenbrother) » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:29 pm

cjj wrote:
rickenbrother wrote:
egosheep wrote:Not to be a party pooper, but isn't this a bit much? I mean, this is a Rickenbacker forum. I understand there a lot of subforums here, but they at least cover music or instruments in some way.

Well, is is all the way down at the bottom of the list. You're right, pets basically have nothing to do with music. However for many people, pets have the same effects as music, which include happiness and stress relief. This sub forum was a surprise to me. But I like it.
It could also be the most peaceful section of the RRF.

+1!
Yes, the things we love tend to be what makes life worth living. And yeah, pets don't know a Rick from anything else. But they give us joy and love, which is all that really counts when you get down to it. So hey, I'm all for it. Without music, life would be far less than what it is, and without pets, it would be even further down...

I +1 you right back, my friend! Well said! :wink:
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
User avatar
(rickenbrother)
RRF Moderator
 
Posts: 12958
Joined: Sun May 26, 2002 5:00 am
Location: Between a hammer and an anvil...

Welcome To Pet Sounds

Postby (8mileshigher) » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:49 am

cjj wrote: ....I'm all for it. Without music, life would be far less than what it is, and without pets, it would be even further down...


Well said, CJ, and very philosophical ! :)
User avatar
(8mileshigher)
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4856
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 12:34 pm
Location: Los Angeles area, Calif, USA

Next

Return to Creatures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest