New Pets?

Pet stories & photos

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

cjj
RRF Moderator

New Pets?

Post by cjj »

Anyone get any new pets? If so, post 'em here!

Here's out new guy, no, we didn't get him for Christmas, we got him last September. He's just about 6 months old now.

His name is Griz, 'cause a lot of times he looks like a tiny little bear. He's a Schipperke. These guys are like little nuclear powered Super Balls (remember those?). They bounce around the room, off the walls, always running. In fact, I'm about 98% certain that they are actually incapable of walking!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Griz1.jpg
He's really good at standing on 2 legs... My, what sharp teeth you have!
Griz2.jpg
They're about the same size as a cat. The cats took a vote, they think we should send him back...
GrizMaxSasha.jpg
But the big dogs think he makes a fine play toy. They just love herding him around the yard...
PlayToy.jpg
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Re: New Pets?

Post by rickenbrother »

He looks like a little black wolf. Very cool looking dog. Added to my list of personally desired breeds of dogs.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

COOL looking dog!

Looks like our old Keeshound!
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

rickenbrother wrote:He looks like a little black wolf. Very cool looking dog. Added to my list of personally desired breeds of dogs.
Yeah, they're great. But (and that's a BIG but) these are NOT beginner dogs. There are dogs, and there are high energy dogs (like border collies that need to have a job, something to do). These dogs are like nuclear, on speed, dogs! I mean, like WOW! Ya gotta watch 'em all the time or they'll shred everything in sight! Oh, and we've had LOTS of dogs over the decades, but MAN, this little guy is something else! If you get after him, it's not like most dogs, who roll over and say, "I'm SO sorry", no, a schipperke says, "Hey, who the heck are YOU yelling at? I'm SUPPOSED to do this stuff!, So BACK OFF!"

Love him dearly though, but man sometimes...
:roll:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Little Dutch boat dog. He's probably looking for his canal barge. :lol:

Congrats, CJ and missus. He looks like a handful.
All I wanna do is rock!
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Am I the only one that realised that CJ has a JG dog? Nuclear powered too. :lol:
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

winston wrote:Am I the only one that realised that CJ has a JG dog? Nuclear powered too. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey, I never said I was against Jetglo. Look it up!
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

See T.............no finger prints on that bad boy. :wink: :lol:
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

cjj wrote:
winston wrote:Am I the only one that realised that CJ has a JG dog? Nuclear powered too. :lol:
Maybe not directly, but I noticed that you have fallen far short of endorsing JG as a must have colour. Sometimes staying silent or remaining neutral on a subject speaks volumes for your real feelings. Busted! :lol: :lol: :lol:

cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

winston wrote:See T.............no finger prints on that bad boy. :wink: :lol:
Nah, if you're not quick, he'll probably bite your fingers right off!!!
:shock: :lol: :lol:
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

winston wrote:
cjj wrote:
Maybe not directly, but I noticed that you have fallen far short of endorsing JG as a must have colour. Sometimes staying silent or remaining neutral on a subject speaks volumes for your real feelings. Busted! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey, I've always said that I really like it (though I do think the white binding and pickguards are a tad gaudy), It's just that whenever I get to thinking about buying one, some gorgeous piece of grain and flame comes along and makes my buy it instead!
:oops:

Luckily, with dogs (and cats, we have 2 black cats too), fingerprints are never an issue...
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

I might have to give "Black Dog" by Led Zeppelin a listen!
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
beatbyrd
Intermediate Member

Post by beatbyrd »

cjj wrote:Hey, I never said I was against Jetglo. Look it up!
Luckily, with dogs (and cats, we have 2 black cats too), fingerprints are never an issue...
Annnnd, CJ can be positive that his pets weren't made of particle board and then dipped in black paint...... just sayin'
It's a Byrd, it's a playin'..........

'73 4001 MG
'09 360/12 FG
'10 360/6 FG

Return to “Creatures”