Jake's Animal Farm

Pet stories & photos

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

JakeK
RRF Consultant

Jake's Animal Farm

Post by JakeK »

Here is my dog and my cat. Coming soon are my cousins' dogs and my mother's cockatiel birds

The dog is 'Liza Jane. A mix of a Catahoula-Curr, she's incredibly smart, but we never taught her any tricks or sent her to obedience school or anything like that. She does what she does and that's that. She also gets jealous very easily and wants all of your attention. I can't get her to stand still long enough to pose with one of my Rics.
Attachments
Roll over...err...'Liza
Roll over...err...'Liza
Standing on her own two feet (before her leg went bad)
Standing on her own two feet (before her leg went bad)
I always said she can never hear us...
I always said she can never hear us...
Out in the sun on a hot afternoon
Out in the sun on a hot afternoon
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Re: Jake's Animal Farm

Post by JakeK »

The cat doesn't have a name...or should I say, three names by the three people who live in our house. He was originally named "Voodoo", but my mom calls him, "Handsome", my dad calls him (Fender lovers will love this), "Mr. Blackface" and I went to call him "Kitty", but it came out "Kettles" and that's what I've called him ever since, Kettles. He loves to eat...a lot, he drools heavily when you have something that smells good. He also once killed a rat that was as big as him, and I don't mean killed, I mean mutilated it!

I don't know what breed he is, a guy dropped him off at our house (in a litter of three) in October 2000, and he's the only one still living.
Attachments
He also likes to sunbathe
He also likes to sunbathe
Perfect Halloween card
Perfect Halloween card
"Get that camera outta my face!"
"Get that camera outta my face!"
Ivan3000
Advanced Member

Post by Ivan3000 »

Those are great looking Animals!
How about you call the cat Snowball, or Maybe Napolean. :wink:

I really like cats, they are just cool! They wouln't get along with Rodents or Birds though.
Pretty much all of the 'nice cats' I know of were abandoned, its like they really appreciate a good home.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Nice animals ya got there Jake! Cool looking dog!

As for the cat breed, probably just "cat" some mixture of whatever. Those are often the best however...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
wj350
Advanced Member

Post by wj350 »

Great looking little 4-legged friends Jake!
"Let me take you down...'cause I'm going to...."
scotty

Post by scotty »

IvanMunoz wrote::

I really like cats, they are just cool! They wouln't get along with Rodents or Birds though.
Pretty much all of the 'nice cats' I know of were abandoned, its like they really appreciate a good home.

I must be in the Twilight Zone I really need to get out....
Attachments
scary giant brain alien.jpg
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

Lovin' the new forehead mate! :D
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

whojamfan wrote:Lovin' the new forehead mate! :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: +1! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

IvanMunoz wrote:Napolean. :wink:
Last time I checked the a and o were not next to eachother on a keyboard... :wink:

Nice animals, Jake :)

Never seen a dog like yours, but then I never seen either a Catahoula not a Curr! I never heard of these type of dogs before today :shock:
She looks like fun though! :D
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

Thanks for the comments: cousins' dogs and mom's birds are to follow later this week.

My dad is a Registered Texas Longhorn Breeder, and raises purebred Butler Texas longhorns. I don't know if cows can be a part of pet sounds, but here is the site where you can see the ever growing herd of my dad and his business partners:
http://www.butlertexaslonghorns.com/

For those who have time, give me some feedback so I can show my dad that even people in MY field are impressed with the site.

A sale for cows like these is why I go to Texas every September, and I do all the online work for my dad. My pay varies, for 2011, I was paid with The Byrds' album Turn! Turn! Turn! and the Bob Dylan classic Blood on the Tracks.
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

JakeK wrote: A sale for cows like these is why I go to Texas every September, and I do all the online work for my dad. My pay varies, for 2011, I was paid with The Byrds' album Turn! Turn! Turn! and the Bob Dylan classic Blood on the Tracks.
A whopping $9.99 a year. :lol:
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

sloop_john_b wrote:
JakeK wrote: A sale for cows like these is why I go to Texas every September, and I do all the online work for my dad. My pay varies, for 2011, I was paid with The Byrds' album Turn! Turn! Turn! and the Bob Dylan classic Blood on the Tracks.
Well, I'm guessing there's room and board included as well...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
beatbyrd
Intermediate Member

Post by beatbyrd »

cjj wrote:
sloop_john_b wrote:
Well, I'm guessing there's room and board included as well...
And good ol' Grandma.......
It's a Byrd, it's a playin'..........

'73 4001 MG
'09 360/12 FG
'10 360/6 FG
Ivan3000
Advanced Member

Post by Ivan3000 »

JakeK wrote:Thanks for the comments: cousins' dogs and mom's birds are to follow later this week.

My dad is a Registered Texas Longhorn Breeder, and raises purebred Butler Texas longhorns. I don't know if cows can be a part of pet sounds, but here is the site where you can see the ever growing herd of my dad and his business partners:
http://www.butlertexaslonghorns.com/

For those who have time, give me some feedback so I can show my dad that even people in MY field are impressed with the site.

A sale for cows like these is why I go to Texas every September, and I do all the online work for my dad. My pay varies, for 2011, I was paid with The Byrds' album Turn! Turn! Turn! and the Bob Dylan classic Blood on the Tracks.
Thats great Jake! The one named beauty is awesome! It has crazy horns.

Return to “Creatures”