Jake's Animal Farm

Pet stories & photos

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

Jake's Animal Farm

Postby (JakeK) » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:58 pm

Here is my dog and my cat. Coming soon are my cousins' dogs and my mother's cockatiel birds

The dog is 'Liza Jane. A mix of a Catahoula-Curr, she's incredibly smart, but we never taught her any tricks or sent her to obedience school or anything like that. She does what she does and that's that. She also gets jealous very easily and wants all of your attention. I can't get her to stand still long enough to pose with one of my Rics.
Attachments
100_0402.jpg
Roll over...err...'Liza
100_0408.jpg
Standing on her own two feet (before her leg went bad)
100_0582.jpg
I always said she can never hear us...
100_0634.jpg
Out in the sun on a hot afternoon
(JakeK)
RRF Consultant
 
Posts: 5737
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:08 pm
Location: Undisclosed

Re: Jake's Animal Farm

Postby (JakeK) » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:06 pm

The cat doesn't have a name...or should I say, three names by the three people who live in our house. He was originally named "Voodoo", but my mom calls him, "Handsome", my dad calls him (Fender lovers will love this), "Mr. Blackface" and I went to call him "Kitty", but it came out "Kettles" and that's what I've called him ever since, Kettles. He loves to eat...a lot, he drools heavily when you have something that smells good. He also once killed a rat that was as big as him, and I don't mean killed, I mean mutilated it!

I don't know what breed he is, a guy dropped him off at our house (in a litter of three) in October 2000, and he's the only one still living.
Attachments
100_0639.jpg
He also likes to sunbathe
100_0637.jpg
Perfect Halloween card
100_0641.jpg
"Get that camera outta my face!"
(JakeK)
RRF Consultant
 
Posts: 5737
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:08 pm
Location: Undisclosed

Re: Jake's Animal Farm

Postby (Ivan3000) » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:41 pm

Those are great looking Animals!
How about you call the cat Snowball, or Maybe Napolean. :wink:

I really like cats, they are just cool! They wouln't get along with Rodents or Birds though.
Pretty much all of the 'nice cats' I know of were abandoned, its like they really appreciate a good home.
(Ivan3000)
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 2392
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:53 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Jake's Animal Farm

Postby (cjj) » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:11 pm

Nice animals ya got there Jake! Cool looking dog!

As for the cat breed, probably just "cat" some mixture of whatever. Those are often the best however...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
User avatar
(cjj)
RRF Moderator
 
Posts: 10849
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:17 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: Jake's Animal Farm

Postby (wj350) » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:33 am

Great looking little 4-legged friends Jake!
"Let me take you down...'cause I'm going to...."
User avatar
(wj350)
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:00 am
Location: Sicilia, Italia

Re: Jake's Animal Farm

Postby (scotty) » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:18 pm

IvanMunoz wrote::

I really like cats, they are just cool! They wouln't get along with Rodents or Birds though.
Pretty much all of the 'nice cats' I know of were abandoned, its like they really appreciate a good home.



I must be in the Twilight Zone I really need to get out....
Attachments
scary giant brain alien.jpg
User avatar
(scotty)
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7062
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:27 am

Re: Jake's Animal Farm

Postby (whojamfan) » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:46 pm

Lovin' the new forehead mate! :D
User avatar
(whojamfan)
RRF Consultant
 
Posts: 2552
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:50 am
Location: City of Angels, City of Angels.......

Re: Jake's Animal Farm

Postby (rickenbrother) » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:34 pm

whojamfan wrote:Lovin' the new forehead mate! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: +1! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
User avatar
(rickenbrother)
RRF Moderator
 
Posts: 12958
Joined: Sun May 26, 2002 5:00 am
Location: Between a hammer and an anvil...

Re: Jake's Animal Farm

Postby (electrofaro) » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:40 pm

IvanMunoz wrote:Napolean. :wink:

Last time I checked the a and o were not next to eachother on a keyboard... :wink:

Nice animals, Jake :)

Never seen a dog like yours, but then I never seen either a Catahoula not a Curr! I never heard of these type of dogs before today :shock:
She looks like fun though! :D
Rickie '98 360 MG "HB+" // Gibbie '09 LP Jr TB // Gibbie '14 ES-355 Bigsby HCS
User avatar
(electrofaro)
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3571
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:25 pm
Location: :noitacoL

Re: Jake's Animal Farm

Postby (JakeK) » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:05 pm

Thanks for the comments: cousins' dogs and mom's birds are to follow later this week.

My dad is a Registered Texas Longhorn Breeder, and raises purebred Butler Texas longhorns. I don't know if cows can be a part of pet sounds, but here is the site where you can see the ever growing herd of my dad and his business partners:
http://www.butlertexaslonghorns.com/

For those who have time, give me some feedback so I can show my dad that even people in MY field are impressed with the site.

A sale for cows like these is why I go to Texas every September, and I do all the online work for my dad. My pay varies, for 2011, I was paid with The Byrds' album Turn! Turn! Turn! and the Bob Dylan classic Blood on the Tracks.
(JakeK)
RRF Consultant
 
Posts: 5737
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:08 pm
Location: Undisclosed

Re: Jake's Animal Farm

Postby (sloop_john_b) » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:40 pm

JakeK wrote:A sale for cows like these is why I go to Texas every September, and I do all the online work for my dad. My pay varies, for 2011, I was paid with The Byrds' album Turn! Turn! Turn! and the Bob Dylan classic Blood on the Tracks.


A whopping $9.99 a year. :lol:
User avatar
(sloop_john_b)
Rick-a-holic
 
Posts: 13738
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:00 am
Location: New York, New York

Re: Jake's Animal Farm

Postby (cjj) » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:35 pm

sloop_john_b wrote:
JakeK wrote:A sale for cows like these is why I go to Texas every September, and I do all the online work for my dad. My pay varies, for 2011, I was paid with The Byrds' album Turn! Turn! Turn! and the Bob Dylan classic Blood on the Tracks.


A whopping $9.99 a year. :lol:

Well, I'm guessing there's room and board included as well...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
User avatar
(cjj)
RRF Moderator
 
Posts: 10849
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:17 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: Jake's Animal Farm

Postby (beatbyrd) » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:45 pm

cjj wrote:
sloop_john_b wrote:
JakeK wrote:A sale for cows like these is why I go to Texas every September, and I do all the online work for my dad. My pay varies, for 2011, I was paid with The Byrds' album Turn! Turn! Turn! and the Bob Dylan classic Blood on the Tracks.


A whopping $9.99 a year. :lol:

Well, I'm guessing there's room and board included as well...

And good ol' Grandma.......
It's a Byrd, it's a playin'..........

'73 4001 MG
'09 360/12 FG
'10 360/6 FG
(beatbyrd)
Intermediate Member
 
Posts: 801
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:45 am

Re: Jake's Animal Farm

Postby (Ivan3000) » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:55 pm

JakeK wrote:Thanks for the comments: cousins' dogs and mom's birds are to follow later this week.

My dad is a Registered Texas Longhorn Breeder, and raises purebred Butler Texas longhorns. I don't know if cows can be a part of pet sounds, but here is the site where you can see the ever growing herd of my dad and his business partners:
http://www.butlertexaslonghorns.com/

For those who have time, give me some feedback so I can show my dad that even people in MY field are impressed with the site.

A sale for cows like these is why I go to Texas every September, and I do all the online work for my dad. My pay varies, for 2011, I was paid with The Byrds' album Turn! Turn! Turn! and the Bob Dylan classic Blood on the Tracks.

Thats great Jake! The one named beauty is awesome! It has crazy horns.
(Ivan3000)
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 2392
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:53 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA


Return to Creatures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest