Re: Dealing with Fed-Ex Insurance

Post by ajish4 »

Congrats CJ....

I just love a happy ending! 8)
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Well yes, it's a happier ending than it could have been. The items in question were a real nice pair of Klipsch Chorus II speakers. The sad part is that I still don't have a nice set of speakers, just smashed and broken pieces. I mean really, they broke the whole magnet assembly off of one of the 15" woofers! :shock:

Oh well, at least I'm not out a bunch of money. And perhaps I can repair these and get something that works, but they'll never look nice again without completely rebuilding the cabinets... :(
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
beatbyrd
Intermediate Member

Post by beatbyrd »

cjj wrote:Well yes, it's a happier ending than it could have been. The items in question were a real nice pair of Klipsch Chorus II speakers. The sad part is that I still don't have a nice set of speakers, just smashed and broken pieces. I mean really, they broke the whole magnet assembly off of one of the 15" woofers! :shock:

And in other news...... the gorillas that created this kindling have both been hired by the WWE and are in a no-holds-barred cage match with the Undertaker next month. How hard do you have to pile drive a speaker to break the magnet off a 15" woofer?

CJ, as the seller, I'm glad that this didn't turn out any worse than it did. As a lesson (I learned) for anyone else selling/shipping large speakers, declare the total price of the sale for each individual box. FedEx happened to trash both of them this time, but even if they had only mangled one, the value of the pair would have been lost. In that case, only the single trashed speaker would have been reimbursed, which would have meant that the buyer was left listening to mono. Tom
It's a Byrd, it's a playin'..........

'73 4001 MG
'09 360/12 FG
'10 360/6 FG
marc61

Post by marc61 »

Congrats CJ. Glad it worked out. Now you have to find the same speakers for the same money

I recently had a bad experience with Fedex insurance but, it was more my buyers fault for refusing to cooperate.

Return to “Trivia”